Yellow ring

defaid

Catchy title, huh?

I've found some free time and am busy priddying the new acquisition. I guess there'll be more on that when it's fully priddied.

Meanwhile, do any of you real aviators (I know you're here) know what is surrounded by the yellow ring in this photo of a Texan ii. There are two on the left of the fuselage and one on each upper & lower wing surface. Six total but none on the right of the fuselage.

Here's a bonus question for a fudge sundae. Any idea what the legend might say below the two white circles between Z and M? There's a matching pair on the right side and they all seem to have the same words.

And for a candle on the dessert, any Beechcraft pilots know what info is on the riveted plate over on the right? It's just under the leading edge of the horizontal stabiliser. Is it manufacturer's serial number etc?

001.jpg.2a87eeabb57bfeef22421c0147e7f7cf.jpg

Snip of a photo by Taffevans, who has taken some outstanding reference photos.

The yellow ring is surrounding a static grounding plug, and the two white circles ate static ports.

The plate is the aircraft data plate.

I will do some more research and see if I can get you exact stenciling and data plate info.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Thank you! to both of you. I really appreciate the responses.

The model is Iris's freeware FS9 version of the PC-9 that is bundled in with the retail FSX version. I have leading edges, wings. horizontal stabilisers and errors and omissions left to do, and then learning how to fly it...

The wording will be much too small to be clear but not knowing is frustrating, especially as everything else in the reference photos is perfectly clear.

D

002.thumb.jpg.bab10994e1eb81438c8edad52f4c9516.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.fb6f8ced109da6f6c838ac0ff7c8337c.jpg