As the title says I'm new to FS2020, not to simming. I am baffled that there's no PAUSE command in this sim and the explanations I've read are very confusing to me. So I'll make it simple for those who wish to help/guide me to solve this issue. The question is obvious, How do I get the sim to pause so like in the meantime I am paused I can for instance tune the radios? 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Berlopez

• Founder

The "active pause" (bound to the "Pause" key on your keyboard) is the one you most likely want. I've also bound it to a button on my joystick for convenience.

Something else useful: in the settings section you can search, i.e. if you searched on "pause" you would see all the possible features that have "pause" in the description, and then whether or not they are currently bound to anything.

Thanks for your reply Nels. So far I've managed to asign via the settings section "P" to pause the sim. It freezes so it has an effect, of course. my question now is how to Unpause it and continue flying I can't fing an assignment/ Command to set Unpause/Pause Off ?

Berlopez

• Founder
13 hours ago, berlopez said:

Thanks for your reply Nels. So far I've managed to asign via the settings section "P" to pause the sim. It freezes so it has an effect, of course. my question now is how to Unpause it and continue flying I can't fing an assignment/ Command to set Unpause/Pause Off ?

Berlopez

It's an on/off toggle...the same key that pauses also unpauses.

Thank you for our replies

Nels, "It's an on/off toggle...the same key that pauses also unpauses." This is not in my case, I cannot explain why? Pressing/ Toggling "P" Once Pauses the sim, yes, upon toggling/Pressing a second time, Mmmm...Nothing happens the sim stays frozen, as if an assignment was missing, Mistified?

Mr Zippy yes I'd like a list of all MSFS 2020 Key Commands. I have got one which I have printed, even got it laminated, In the MENU section is described Toggle Active Pause to PAUSE and Toggle Pause to ESC; But there is no UNPAUSE...?

Macroburst Control P Ctrl+P  I am guessing  it needs to assigned ?

Thanks for your replies.

Berlopez

Berlopez,

No doubt that I may have changed the "Pause off" command- I don't remember having done that.

From Nel's comment,

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-how-to-actually-pause-the-sim/143817

1. The more traditional FSX style pause (default keys… NONE!!! :dizzy_face: 😞 yes, there is a pause option that mostly pauses the entire sim as you’d expect… but it has no key assignments by default and you even need two keys for it…! (Turn on/turn off) Amazing, odd, strange, whatever, but luckily it’s there and here is how you enable it:

The turn on/turn off commands are two separate entities and the turn off command requires two keys to enable the action.

For that command it freezes movement BUT NOT TIME.

Seems to be great consternation as to the philosophy of that (if any....)

It is very easy to map (or remap) commands as you wish.

Hope that isn't clear as mud.

Macro