List of all FSX Landmarks

I've searched and searched.  Looking for a list:  .txt, .xls, .csv, etc.   A list of as many of the FSX landmarks as I can find.

Because how else am I to know that I've seen all the cool stuff?

I'll take a top 100, etc.  But surely somewhere, someone, compiled a list like this for FSX?

Any help, appreciated. 

PS:  Maybe it's just me.  But the new MS Flight Simulator is no fun to play with.  Probably a great training tool.  But not fun.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:33 PM, CHIJB55 said:

PS:  Maybe it's just me.  But the new MS Flight Simulator is no fun to play with....

Welcome to the forum(s). As above, It's not just you. Many folks have given up on MSFS for a variety of reasons......Doug 

• Thanks 1
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I did some work on this a few years ago for the same reason. You might find the following posts of some interest:

Chart Maps of default FSX Scenery objects

What are these objects in the landmark.bgl file that I can't identify?

The excel file I have that contains all these details is 23 MB. I suppose if you're interested, I could upload this to the file library. Let me know.

With all that said, a shameless plug. If you're enjoying FSX and haven't tried out my VC upgrades for the 737 & 747, you really must!

Default 747 virtual cockpit upgrade

Default 737 virtual cockpit upgrade

Trent

A list of as many of the FSX landmarks as I can find.

Not landmarks, but here is a of 429 FSX airports with links to information on each.

https://flight.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Included_airports_for_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X

23 hours ago, ianhr said:

Try here: https://www.simtours.net/, the only such site I know.

Excellent site, and the only one I know of its kind.

Maybe it's just me.  But the new MS Flight Simulator is no fun to play with.  Probably a great training tool.  But not fun.

Not switched to MSFS2020, and for now am quite happy with FSX.

I purchased FSX Acceleration when it first was available, moved there from FS9/2004 and started recreating everything I had done in '9, and I've stuck with it ever since. All these years, tons of add-ons and aircraft, and never spent a penny other than for the program. I really IS that good.

Slowly moved into painting aircraft and creating scenery.

There is still so much to learn.

For me, FSX has everything I need to stay active and have fun.

Welcome to the dark side!

• Like 2

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

3 minutes ago, BlueSox14 said:

With all that said, a shameless plug.

Too funny. We all do this at one time or another.

Now I've got to go look at them... darn you!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Not landmarks, but here is a of 429 FSX airports with links to information on each.

https://flight.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Included_airports_for_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X

Excellent site, and the only one I know of its kind.

Not switched to MSFS2020, and for now am quite happy with FSX.

I purchased FSX Acceleration when it first was available, moved there from FS9/2004 and started recreating everything I had done in '9, and I've stuck with it ever since. All these years, tons of add-ons and aircraft, and never spent a penny other than for the program. I really IS that good.

Slowly moved into painting aircraft and creating scenery.

There is still so much to learn.

For me, FSX has everything I need to stay active and have fun.

Welcome to the dark side!

I basically agree.  FSX is a very good program!  Having said that, I find I'm happier with the similar, but I think somewhat better, P3D.  First off you don't need to learn a whole new group of keyboard controls with P3D as you have to with MSFS.  It's the same format you've used for years.

Regardless of which boxed program you prefer I'd hugely suggest you look into buying some ORBX add-on scenery for the specific places where you really want accurate scenery.  ORBX scenery isn't quite as complete or "picture perfect" as MSFS.  But it's much closer to correct and much more detailed than what I've found in any of the box based sims I've tried, 

You can download what scenery pack/s you choose from ORBX without tying up your system for hours and sometimes days at a time.  Also you won't worry about losing days at a time loading "Updates" which I found often happened when I tried MSFS! 😮  

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.