Never FS9 has been run and shown this way!

leuen

• leuen changed the title to Never FS9 has been run and shown this way!

Never been run and shown this way, FS9 has!

Run and shown this way FS9 never has been!

Has FS9 been run and shown this way never! (?)

😋

• Haha 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

32 minutes ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Never been run and shown this way, FS9 has!

Run and shown this way FS9 never has been!

Has FS9 been run and shown this way never! (?)

😋

Yoda, Is that you??

• Haha 1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I would save replays of vintage races in a race sim and play them back with the color turned down;  like watching TV in the sixties, quite strange on a computer.

• Like 1

As a great FS2004 developer once said.. Simming is all about Fun, Facts & Fiction..!

That retro look is actually quite nice. It's no secret that I love, & have quite a few themed installs of FS2004.

Now imagine flying in that retro scenery!! 

I'll be happy even with a retro city or airport.. Flying Blimps & other steampunk planes.

4 hours ago, wobbie said:

Simming is all about Fun

The prime directive of simming. And whether the cartoon/comic book style is to one's personal liking or not, it sure is FUN!

It has been fun since the first time I flew to Meiges Field in the '80s (64K of total RAM).

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

The prime directive of simming. And whether the cartoon/comic book style is to one's personal liking or not, it sure is FUN!

It has been fun since the first time I flew to Meiges Field in the '80s (64K of total RAM).

... or even earlier, on a Sinclair ZX81 with 16K of RAM 😉

ZX81FlightSimulator.jpg.07fcb779416c147e10bf105f6333314c.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

image.jpeg

FlightSim on an Apple IIc was an exercise in Stop Motion simming. Flip Books moved faster...😋

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

3 hours ago, chris_eve said:

Sinclair ZX81

OK I'm impressed. I wanted one of these sooooo bad!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

22 hours ago, leuen said:

Running in cartoon style, not just image editing.

53581025382_762b3f3629_b.thumb.jpg.8be9d39004bf58e21d0c6d6fb8691403.jpg

53581925116_307eee7079_b.thumb.jpg.3060ae48ae45f8e8e517095a9832bf71.jpg

Bwrnard

Cartoon mode looks very stark Bernard.  It is fun trying other modes that the usual one.

Larry

17 hours ago, NMLW said:

It is fun trying other modes that the usual one.

Exactly, FUN trying something different.

phrog x 2.jpg

22 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

an exercise in Stop Motion simming

Buy wow, were we all impressed with the "amazing" screen motions that we could control!

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, leuen said:

And why should it always be perfect?

The truth of this all is that Real aviation is far from perfect, so simming is a reflection of that truth.

phrog x 2.jpg

8 hours ago, leuen said:

And why should it always be perfect?

Nobody said that... it's just a matter of taste... - everyone as he likes.... 
If somebody preferes to backdate his sim to the 50's / 60's ("Golden Age of Aviation") so does he...  I have no problem with that at all... 
As a real world Pilot allthough, I am prefering the representation of the "real deal" in my sim... - or "as real as possible" or  "as real as it gets". - But that's my taste... 

In the end, all that counts is that we all enjoy our hobby and passion or profession of Aviation... 

5 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

The truth of this all is that Real aviation is far from perfect, so simming is a reflection of that truth.

Absolutely... i feel you... 

• Like 2

As a real world Pilot allthough, I am prefering the representation of the "real deal" in my sim... - or "as real as possible" or  "as real as it gets". - But that's my taste... 

I think you mean latest rather than real. Of course none of it’s real, but much of the ‘retro’ or ‘classic’ era add-ons (calclassic, HJG, CBFS etc) are probably more realistic than most of the current ‘modern’ offerings in Fs9. 

How real can we get? Using gaming joysticks, sometimes yoke & pedals, on a 14-20' screen? 

We built a Avro Shackleton simulator on a trailer, using actual seats, yoke, pedals & throttle quad, with a screen in the cockpit & a projector for the scenery. All using FS2004 with a payware Avro Shackleton add-on, with freeware South African scenery. The PC was Windows 7 with onboard graphics.

Re realized that it was the Immersion factor that was more important than realism, when we saw real pilots 'bump' in the seats when anticipating touchdown.

So, the Real Deal? It's all about the immersion factor, and that works for any aircraft, even boats & cars, in FS2004.

• Thanks 1