continual 1722 errors

Hi.  I had FSX running on this machine a while back, and to make a long story short, I had to do the 'reset this pc' thing.  Now when I try to reinstall I am continually getting the 1722-1603 errors. Of course, this happens about maybe 10 seconds before finishing.  I have looked at the  fixes on the internet, but nothing seems to work.  My big question here, is if there is a problem with my  FSX disc 2, would that cause this problem? I don't really think so, but I am quite tech challenged, so what do I know? Any help folks?  Thanks  Rick

this pc--  Intel core i7-12700kf,  ddr4 16G,  nvidia geforce rtx3070 8gb6, 1tbm.2 pcie ssd,  on windows 11.

Running FSX-SE on   Intel core i7-12700kf,  DDR4 16G,  Nvidia Geforce RTX3070 8gb6, 1tbm.2 pcie ssd,  on windows 11.

Hi. This is the 2 disc FSX Deluxe. I am led to believe that a reset removes everything and sets the pc up a a new windows install.  Rick

Running FSX-SE on   Intel core i7-12700kf,  DDR4 16G,  Nvidia Geforce RTX3070 8gb6, 1tbm.2 pcie ssd,  on windows 11.

These days, with the old FSX versions dying out, I would urge people to install the Steam version.

It is basically Acceleration with the known bug fixes applied, and there are no copyright restrictions, so you can install it on multiple computers (of your own, of course).

The only drawback that I see is the install path that Steam uses...

Jorgen

Hi again. I tried the fixes from mr z's posts, yet still stuck. I just quit flogging the dead horse and went the Steam route. I did buy fsx-se years ago, so i still 'owned' it.  I just preferred fsx boxed because of familiarity.  Just have to get used to the few changes in Steam i guess.  To my first post tho, does anyone know if a faulty install disc would be the culprit? Thanks guys.  Rick