First Pilot's License

For that matter, one could post the 'First Pilot's License' from every Country or from every Country's Bureau of Aeronautics, and the Title of the Thread would still be Correct...

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

The worlds first official pilot's licence: was licence number 1, which was issued to Louis Blériot by the Aéro Club de France on January 7, 1909.

More aviation firsts!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firsts_in_aviation

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

2 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

For that matter, one could post the 'First Pilot's License' from every Country or from every Country's Bureau of Aeronautics, and the Title of the Thread would still be Correct...

You think?, OK How about I post "first probe to land on the moon was the Chang'e-4 in 2019"

PhrogPhlyer Absolutely, the French were Pioneers of aviation (I won't bring up the question of who actually achieved powered flight first as I foresee much feather ruffling)

Which brings me back to my point... Who's was truly first?

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

50 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

the question of who actually achieved powered flight first

The Wright Bros. were so obsessed with this that they refused to donate any of their items to the Smithsonian unless that institution gave them full and sole credit for the first powered flight.  They were not the first powered flight by a long shot, theirs was the first controlled powered flight;  their contribution, certainly a major one, was a simple method of 3 axis control.  But in their minds they owned everything pertaining to aircraft, even bringing  a lawsuit against the creators of the first landing gear, claiming it infringed on their patents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jgf said:

They were not the first powered flight by a long shot, theirs was the first controlled powered flight;

One example would be the steam powered flight by Samuel Langley, who gave up after a couple of crashes, shortly before the Wright's legendary flight. Full, 3-axis control was the single most important thing the Wrights brought to the table, though far from the only thing.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!