IFR flight - Daher TBM 930 - VNAV and APR does not works

Hi there,

I am really sorry if I am disturbing you, guys, but I really would love some help, if possible.

I am trying to learn MSFS, using a Daher TBM 930 for some short flights, around 200 - 200 NM only.

The problem is that I plan all the flight, and I can also check the flight plan on MFD. Everything seems to be OK, VNAV points set,  autopilot on (being activated after the take off, around 500ft from ground), etc.

Well, when I am approaching the TOD point, I try to activate VNAV and I can see that on PFD the next low altitude appears, in magenta. But when that point is reached, it seems VNAV (that VNV button) does not works, despite being active, because I have no altitude decreasing.

So I start a lot of (wrong, I know) things, trying to prepare for landing. I turn autopilot OFF, turn off that ALT button (which, I think, serves to maintain altitude) and click on VS (vertical speed), to decrease altitude manually (following what is asked in each waypoint), through that "sliding" button. This causes a lot of trouble, like over speed, etc.

From now on, I also notice that I "escape" the route, because autopilot is off. So I activate it again, checking the flight plan and asking for activation/following of the next displayed waypoint. Well, this is a process very contra-productive, I know, also because it does not works very well.

Despite I got to reach destination sometimes, a few moments ago I ended reaching the ground at high speed and had to terminate the flight. 😞

That APR (approximation) button, also, seems to not work. When I am approaching destination I press this button, but nothing happens, no indication is given in the PFD, etc.

Well, any help here would be greatly appreciated, if possible. How to properly use VNAV and APR in order to better do approximation and landing?

Thanks in advance.

There's an excellent tutorial here: 

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64