Authrottle sticks at mach .70 A350-900 by Yutaka

Honus

Hi,

I'm flying the A350-900 by FSPainter/M. Yutaka and it does really great on take off and cruise but on descent, the throttle won't decrease past mach .70 with throttle not going below 40%  On take off it's not issue at all but landing, it won't slow down below about.  The only thing that works is shutting down the engines but that's not practical.  If I start them back up, the setting goes right back up to mach .71.  Manual control does not work even with throttle level set at the bottom.  Am I doing something wrong here?

50 minutes ago, f16jockey_2 said:

FSPainter? Always tought it was for AI only.

Wim

Good spot, Wim!  Probably not the best flier when putting in your own panel.  Maybe lots of missing aircraft.cfg and .air files entries.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

1 hour ago, f16jockey_2 said:

FSPainter? Always tought it was for AI only.

Wim

They are but these particular models, according to the description, we made flayable and the panel was contributed by Thomas Ruth.  It does fly very well and behaves well, it's just this one issue I can't figure out.

2 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Is there an auto-throttle set on the A/P?  Can you kill the A/T and bring back the action of the thrust levers?

yes but the thrust level will not decrease.  It's weird.  Maybe I'll just seek out another A350-900.  There doesn't seem to be too many that are designated as 'flyable' by the user.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Just a note about this model.  It flies well but the fuel consumption is over enthusiastic.  In the aircraft.cfg, the more realistic scalar is 0.615 to give a range of 8,200 mi. as per the real plane.  This model is artificially powered upwards with engine thrust in the 6,000 range with a thrust scalar of 1.8.  It does work fine though still a bit underpowered for my tast so I use the 'airfile' manager to notch up scalar #1506 about 20 on each level except 20, 25 as it will taxi too fast.  It's a good model and the other textures can be imported to this model so that you have a wide variety of A350's.  It is the same model as the FSP AI  aircraft with some modifications to make it user flyable.