Status Lost

It's kind of too bad, people have lost their old settings.  I joined flightsim.com back in the late 90s and had a few thousand posts, but my profile shows me as being brand new.  I guess that's just the way it has to be.

Every time the site goes to newer forum software we have to register again.  First time I recall was back in '05, that's why so many here show registered since then even though they were here for years previously.  For some reason the system lost track of me in '07, kept telling me there was no account by that name;  those behind the scenes verified my account was there but for some reason I wasn't being recognized, so had to register again (and lost reference to all my prior posts).  And everyone had to register again last January when the software was updated (hopefully i won't get lost in the shuffle again).

• Founder
On 12/31/2023 at 11:01 PM, Andy Johnston said:

It's kind of too bad, people have lost their old settings.  I joined flightsim.com back in the late 90s and had a few thousand posts, but my profile shows me as being brand new.  I guess that's just the way it has to be.

I just checked the membership data. Your original account which you opened in 1999 is still there. You just are not using it.

• Founder
14 hours ago, jgf said:

Every time the site goes to newer forum software we have to register again.  First time I recall was back in '05, that's why so many here show registered since then even though they were here for years previously.  For some reason the system lost track of me in '07, kept telling me there was no account by that name;  those behind the scenes verified my account was there but for some reason I wasn't being recognized, so had to register again (and lost reference to all my prior posts).  And everyone had to register again last January when the software was updated (hopefully i won't get lost in the shuffle again).

Just to avoid any future confusion, this simply is NOT true. Accounts from the previous system were imported into the new one in January. It's certainly quite possibly this did not work 100% successfully, but there are plenty of people you'll see active in the forums who still have their old data intact.

Just curious, Andy....did you sign into this new site with your original email and password?  I think that was the trick that some did not follow.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Still betting that you need to use your old login.  Original email and password that you used to set up the original account!

Sent a PM!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️