Sim freezes with sound; no crash or error warnings

3 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

I've given up with Simbrief. It only works properly if you also have a Navigraph subscription, which I don't have. If you take the time to learn how to flight plan using the default World Map features, it does everything that Simbrief does anyway.

Simbrief makes it easier to program the FMC....lol....just "plug and play". No 15-20 minutes of programming each waypoint, weights, fuel, etc.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

30 minutes ago, kingnorris said:

Simbrief makes it easier to program the FMC....lol....just "plug and play". No 15-20 minutes of programming each waypoint, weights, fuel, etc.

Ah! of course - I gave up on the airliners back in FSX (after 9-10 years of flying nothing else) so I forgot about all that FMC stuff!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

2 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

Ah! of course - I gave up on the airliners back in FSX (after 9-10 years of flying nothing else) so I forgot about all that FMC stuff!

I have the PMDG. You need to input fuel, weights, winds, waypoints, approaches, altitudes, etc.

By using Simbrief, it's all pre-determined and it'll input the info for me.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

8 hours ago, budreiser said:

I'm with Tim on this. I pulled out many of the few hairs I had left fiddling with Simbrief. With a little practice and patience, the default does what I need.    

So what do you input as for example, the cost index? Just a random number? Performance? Etc?

Just curious; that's why I use Simbrief. They select all that.

I watched videos and grabbed some tidbits about what to enter, such as cost index etc. 1.0 was suggested for C.I. so I always put that. I'm not into the fltsim program so can't be too specific ATM. But after watching a few videos (along with help from guys like Tim) I learned a lot. And practice makes perfect. Well not PERFECT perfect, but maybe as good as it gets.

3 minutes ago, budreiser said:

I watched videos and grabbed some tidbits about what to enter, such as cost index etc. 1.0 was suggested for C.I. so I always put that. I'm not into the fltsim program so can't be too specific ATM. But after watching a few videos (along with help from guys like Tim) I learned a lot. And practice makes perfect. Well not PERFECT perfect, but maybe as good as it gets.

I mean, default flight planning isn’t bad, but for those that want “as real as it gets”, Simbrief and Navigraph were both highly recommended to me when I first bought MSFS.

I see both points.

• 3 weeks later...

Still having this issue, I searched and searched online yet again, and one thing suggested was turning off online AI. I switched to offline AI and was able to complete a flight finally. Also, it was suggested to try a different flight plan on Simbrief than the one they give first. (most common or something like that).  I'll try that next.

But after one session, the online AI seemed to be the culprit. For now, of course. More testing is needed, but for now, it's given me something to try other than reinstallation....

The amount of freezing posts increased on the PMDG forums as soon as the tablet was released. I have not updated my PMDG aircraft so I do not have the tablet. I have not experienced the freeze in well over a year. I have only had the one freeze. I still use Simbrief and Navagraph.

1 hour ago, bam1220 said:

The amount of freezing posts increased on the PMDG forums as soon as the tablet was released. I have not updated my PMDG aircraft so I do not have the tablet. I have not experienced the freeze in well over a year. I have only had the one freeze. I still use Simbrief and Navagraph.

It was freezing for me using the FBW A320 as well.