A bug in MSFS or is it just me? Please check.

This can be checked quickly. 

Press and hold Left-Ctrl and Insert key (below the Pause button).  Let the heading bug go around a couple of times around the dial.
Result:  joystick will still work but the keyboard will freeze. 

I tried this on several default plane. It can be replicated. It's consistent. Is it because of SU14 or is it just me? I don't have too much in my community folder. Almost all are mods:  waterfixes, Bay Area bridges, mods my mamudesign (power lines, marinas, solar farms), etc. As part of my test, I removed all of them and upgraded to the latest nVidia driver but the problem would still be there. So is it just me?

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

Hi oneleg,

I tried to reproduce you findings.

When I start pressing the keys, the heading bug starts to spin. When I keep pressing, the heading bug continues to spin and it still spins, when I stop pressing.

This means to me, that pressing the keys continuously, sends more keystrokes to the simulation than the simulation can handle. This might lead to a buffer overflow somewhere in the routines which handle key strokes. Overflows often have unpredictable consequences.

But after all - why should you want to do this?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2023 at 3:06 AM, grimsel said:

Hi oneleg,

I tried to reproduce you findings.

When I start pressing the keys, the heading bug starts to spin. When I keep pressing, the heading bug continues to spin and it still spins, when I stop pressing.

This means to me, that pressing the keys continuously, sends more keystrokes to the simulation than the simulation can handle. This might lead to a buffer overflow somewhere in the routines which handle key strokes. Overflows often have unpredictable consequences.

But after all - why should you want to do this?

Sometimes I'm too quick on pressing buttons and overshoot the target. I stop, then quickly re-do what I wanted to do by continuously pressing the same button and... that's how I discovered the issue.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR