FS 2004 (FS9) & FSX Gold Edition Questions please?

pcohen

7 minutes ago, JSkorna said:

And here I thought Gold automatically installed Acceleration.

Nope, Gold just bundled the discs for Deluxe and Acceleration into a single package, however you still had to install them individually.

Hi Jorgen.  Good morning. Happy Christmas and many thanks for your help.

I have followed your Instructions to the letter.

However this Is what's happening

1. Install FSX itself (2 DVDs). At the end of the installation, fly around for a couple of minutes in the default flight. Close FSX. Reboot your system. 

DONE OK

2. Activate FSX itself with its activation code. Reboot.

Not possible, Activation Screen does not re-appear to activate, Boots to main FS Menu with an product activation error box on top of the fs Sceen

3. Install Acceleration. At the end, fly around again for a couple of minutes. Close FSX. Reboot.    

NOT DONE

Also when Done previously

4. Activate Acceleration with its activation code. Reboot.

Not possible, Activate Acceleration  has no activation code.

New Purchase of FSX Gold Edition,  Which came this Morning with Two Activation Codes,  One for Flight Sim X Pro and One for One for Flight Sim  X   XP  

Hope this makes some sort of sense?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Paul, it does make some sense.

How did you get the first set of disks?

And please DO NOT attempt to install the new set, until we have cleaned up the "old" installation.

For that, uninstall everythig FSX-related through the Windows Control Panel - FSX itself last.

Then delete all the folders related to FSX.

A registry cleaner would come in handy here - do you have one? If you do, use it as you normally would, if you don't have one then STOP here and tell us.

Now this is where others would be very welcome to chime in with their recommendations, as I have not had FSX on my system for ages, and my knowledge of that topic will be somewhat rustic, to put it nicely....

Jorgen

Hi Jorgen, apologies,  tried to run the New CD's this morning when they arrived,  following your Instructions.

Discovered previous CD had a  Minute crack from centre of CD for about quarter of the Disk

Which I hadn't seen.  May or not be the reason for the previous Installation.

Will try to Install again.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Paul, you may want to take Jorgen's advice and make sure your system has every bit of the old FSX install removed!  If the computer's registry isn't fixed, it

won't matter how many times you try to install, or what new discs you use, you won't get the Activation screen.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi mr zippy, thanks again for your Input.

This Is where I've got to so far.

This Message box keeps appearing over the Blue opening Microsoft Flight Simulator X Screen.

"Product Activation Error"

An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. the
problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application.
Reinstalling the application may resolve the problem. Otherwise 
please contact product support for assistance,

Following jorgen's  Instructions Or trying my own Straight forward Install for a new product Does not bring up the
Screen for Product Activation?

Also when previously Installed over the Years The Installation had Pictures Of different Aircraft
Whilst It was Installing, now it Installs over a Black Screen.

Also now getting Message  1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime. 

FSX Gold Edition Is currently totally Uninstalled

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hello again jorgen.

I have downloaded Eusing Free Registry Cleaner as you suggested.

If I used It correctly it found 130 plus faulty Files which It cleaned.

Having Reinstalled FSX Gold Edition I am still getting the following problem with the opening screen
at startup

This Message box keeps appearing over the Blue opening Microsoft Flight Simulator X Screen.

"Product Activation Error"

An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. the
problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application.
Reinstalling the application may resolve the problem. Otherwise 
please contact product support for assistance,

Yet Again I can only play for about 30 Minutes Because I cannot Access the Page to Activate
the Product Key which Is 25 Digits.

Beginning to wonder If I shouldn't give up FSX completely?

thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi loki thanks for reply,  this has been said before.

I already have the Steam Edition of FSX, and as I said before I got fed up waiting 45 Minutes to an Hour for It to Download

every time I Wanted to play It.  45 minutes to an Hour For one Download would have been acceptable.

I really wanted FSX to run Correctly From my 3 New FSX CD's so I could run it without any Issues.

However, each time I try to Install FSX I seem to be getting Into a worse mess each time?

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi everybody, just a question please.

If I opt for the Steam Version of FSX can I still add the Ultimate Terrain X USA
Scenery CD to It.

Also can the  Acceleration CD be added?

thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Not sure what to say about your system and the many issues, unfortunately. Lost track of everything you have tried, however, have you run through the options in the link below? In particular, I would be curious to see if installing the free SP1 and SP2 updates help fix the FSX activation issue (ie. install just FSX from the discs, install the two service packs, then try to activate). Perhaps along with the reset tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/flight-simulator-x-an-error-occurred-while-attempting-to-activate-the-product-the-problem-may-be-due-to-an-incomplete-installation-of-the-application-7b204628-297d-2daf-22eb-1e594c12af83

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1950/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-service-pack-1/

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/

I don't fly it very often anymore, but I never had to wait for the Steam Edition to download each time I ran the sim. As for add-ons, the Steam Edition is basically the Gold Edition, including Acceleration, along with some bug fixes and improvements for more modern systems. Almost all third party add-ons will work just fine with it.

The main caveat of installing outside the default Program Files folder does still apply. With Steam, this means you would install the Steam Client first, then add or change the Steam Library location to something like C:/Steam (or a second drive entirely) in Settings->Storage, and only after this, install the sim to this new Library location (Steam will give you the option to select the Library on install).

Paul,

I do not understand why you have to wait 45 minutes to one hour every time you want to run FSX:SE. I just install it once and for all, then run it as I please, with further no downloads necessary.

And you can do everything in SE that you could do in the "old" FSX, the only issue I have is with the long file path.

Jorgen

Good morning everybody.

Think I'm giving up on this one,  been at for a few weeks now!

Have found out how to Install the "Steam Edition of FSX Correctly.

However, my question now Is, can I Install additional Aircraft Into the Steam Edition of FSX.

Also, will I be able to add the "Ultimate Terrain X USA"  Additional Scenery CD.

Many thanks

Paul

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Everybody, still plodding on with this

I have decide to load a Couple of more Game CD's to my Computer for the Good Lady.

However the Administrator? Whoever he Is, Ho! Ho! Ho! Humbug,  Is telling me I need permission to Install the Disks.

Any help with this please?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi jorgen, sorry for late reply.

I don't think this Is an ADMINISTRATOR problem after all,  there seems to be a Problem with the CD?

Normally when you put a CD in the Drive you get the following Three options:-

"RUN (Name of Programme) .exe,  OPEN FOLDER,  TAKE NO ACTION".

But with this CD RUN asks for Administrator Permission,  and when clicking "Open Folder" It doesn't open, so you cannot choose 
anything to select.

Not sure about this One?

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hit "Take no action" and then just leave everything alone until the smoke has died down, but do not remove the DVD - and I take it that the reader IS able to read DVDs?

Then go to File Explorer, open the DVD drive and maneuver to the installer. Then right-click on it etc etc.

But- the big question: the Steam edition does not come as a DVD set, but as a download, so why this question?

Jorgen

Hi jorgen, thanks again for reply.

In answer to your quote:- "the big question: the Steam edition does not come as a DVD set, but as a download, so why this question?"

I have been trying to Install a Couple of Games for my good lady (played previously) and having the same Administrator Issues as usual.

Wish somebody could Invent a Computer where you could turn the Administrator OFF!

Apologies for the Confusion.

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.