Sim Update 14 is out

Did the update yesterday and today - their servers WERE slow, as expected with the planet all trying to update at the same time, but no negative issues were encountered and all is well again in my flight sim world.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Same as chicagorandy, here in Toronto. Updated late in the afternoon yesterday and it was slow. It also took a couple of 'clicks" until I realized it was updating behind the scene. The Content Manager part was also slow, but in the end, completed and flying!

I updated Wednesday morning; it was the quickest update ever. There are no issues here. Must have hit a lucky time spot.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

A tad slow here also, but not as bad as some in the past. Just finished a flight from KBOI to KLAS in the 787. Noticed 2 changes. When being handed off, my co-pilot now says good-bye instead of g'day. Much nicer change is ATC giving you altitude increase and decrease figures about 2k ft before instead of 2 hundred feet.  

Just finished a 2hr flight in the Longitude and no major issues even with a lot of aftermarket add-ons (I forgot to remove them before update). Download took about 15 minutes, but I did notice the Mb/s transfer speed bounced around all over the place, from about a peak of 350Mb/s to as slow as 2Mb/s (on a 900Mb/s network).

Anyway one thing I appreciate like Budreiser stated is the more realistic ATC approval to the next altitude clearance. Before it was at 250 feet to go before ATC gave clearance. Climbing out at 2,000+ FPM would bust through that in seconds if not cleared beforehand. What we'd have to do is just slow our climb rate getting closer to that 250' clearance (and hopefully, otherwise if busy you had to park it at the last assigned altitude until your turn for clearance...and slow down to keep from overspeeding at climb power). Now there's generally enough time for ATC to get to you for the next altitude clearance while still maintaining your consistent climb profile - even in busy ATC comms airspace. More like in the real world. Unfortunately that is not reciprocated during descent for some reason.

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Downloaded late Wednesday afternoon without any issues. Flew the Bonanza from KFMZ to KMCI. The screenshot is climbing over the old abandoned Bruning Army Airfield, off the left wing.

Brun1.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

2 hours ago, N069NT said:

Anyway one thing I appreciate like Budreiser stated is the more realistic ATC approval to the next altitude clearance. Before it was at 250 feet to go before ATC gave clearance. Climbing out at 2,000+ FPM would bust through that in seconds if not cleared beforehand. What we'd have to do is just slow our climb rate getting closer to that 250' clearance (and hopefully, otherwise if busy you had to park it at the last assigned altitude until your turn for clearance...and slow down to keep from overspeeding at climb power). Now there's generally enough time for ATC to get to you for the next altitude clearance while still maintaining your consistent climb profile - even in busy ATC comms airspace. More like in the real world. Unfortunately that is not reciprocated during descent for some reason.

.....Unfortunately that is not reciprocated during descent for some reason..... 

Maybe I had a nice FAA employee. Took me downhill the same way as the climb. Put me at 5k feet on the upwind to KLAS 26L