Download MSFS

1 hour ago, glw said:

I finally purchased a new PC but when i try to download MSFS it keeps asking for my xbox gamer tag!  I just want to download for my PC.  What's the secret?

thanks

If I am remembering correctly (always a risk, lol), you need an Xbox account (where you can create your gamer tag and it will be displayed in the sim), but you don't have to have the hardware.  Just need it to download the sim.

• Thanks 1
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Microsoft has moved all of their games and gaming services under the Xbox brand, including PC games and sims. To run MSFS you will need to sign in with a Microsoft account, which will create an Xbox Gamer Tag if your account doesn't have one.

23 hours ago, glw said:

I finally purchased a new PC but when i try to download MSFS it keeps asking for my xbox gamer tag!  I just want to download for my PC.  What's the secret?

thanks

And since since no has mentioned it so far, the required microsoft is free. Just register.

I only mention this, because I've seen a few users go postal because they think they have to pay for it. You can pay for it, if you want to play a bunch of other games too, but you if you just want to play MSFS, just sign up for the free account, since you've already bought the game.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide