calshotspit

It's scenery not an airport. The closest airport is 15 miles to the North, Southampton Airport (SOU).

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, pomak249 said:

Southampton is EGHI btw

It's both:  IATA: SOU, ICAO: EGHI -- IATA is what the airlines use for travelers (luggage, etc), but all pilots use the ICAO for navigation/ATC.

• Thanks 1

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 4 months later...

Sorry to hear your problem! 'Calshotspit.zip' is a scenery compressed zip file and not an airport; Nearest airport is EGHI (Southampton) in the UK.

I do not know what system you are using or how you are trying to 'unzip' the compressed file. There are no virus or malware in the uploaded file  (I've checked the uploaded file). If you are using Windows 10 then with the file 'calshotspit.zip' highlighted  > click on Extract tab at very top of your     > left mouse click on ''Extract'' all tab (yellow zip file icon) that appears > on the new page select the 'Extract tab at the bottom of the page - this will open a new page showing 'Calshot Spit (UK)' & have all of the decompressed file [7]. Follow the installation instruction inside the documentation folder.

If you are using a commercial 'ZIP' program then confirm that it is working correctly - try zipping a small file & then unzipping the generated zip file!

Regards, BS

calshotspit_uk.zip