P3D SkySpirit Boeing 777-9X merged with Rikoooo's VC - How to get it to display in FSX?

warmanbrent

8 hours ago, cua2047 said:

Hello,

I heard some people say FSX aircraft addons work perfectly fine in P3Dv3 because both use the same 32-bit system, is that true? 

That's nice, but the OP is trying to use a P3D aircraft in FSX.  Aircraft made for P3d will not show in FSX as the model is different.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

just to clarify, @warmanbrent the 777X with Rikoooo's VC is only compatible with P3DV4+ since its 64-bit. FSX up to P3DV3 is 32-bit. Thus it is not compatible with FSX, and P3D up to V3.

PC Specs: 

CURRENT

Acer Nitro V 15 | Intel Core i7-13620H (max with turbo boost: 4.90GHz) | NVidia GeForce RTX4050 (6GB GDDR6 dedicated) | 32GB dual channel 5200MHz DDR5 RAM | Windows 11 Home

On 10/18/2023 at 8:15 AM, SGFlightSimmerYT said:

just to clarify, @warmanbrent the 777X with Rikoooo's VC is only compatible with P3DV4+ since its 64-bit. FSX up to P3DV3 is 32-bit. Thus it is not compatible with FSX, and P3D up to V3.

So in a nutshell FSX/P3Dv3 addons are not compatible with P3Dv4+ and vice-versa, right? 

On 10/19/2023 at 3:53 PM, cua2047 said:

So in a nutshell FSX/P3Dv3 addons are not compatible with P3Dv4+ and vice-versa, right? 

yes

PC Specs: 

CURRENT

Acer Nitro V 15 | Intel Core i7-13620H (max with turbo boost: 4.90GHz) | NVidia GeForce RTX4050 (6GB GDDR6 dedicated) | 32GB dual channel 5200MHz DDR5 RAM | Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, SGFlightSimmerYT said:

anyways here is 32-bit compatible version!

ve

Great works! I'm sticking to FSX currently and it's good to see someone still making add-ons for it. Just a question: How did you make P3Dv4+ addons compatible with FSX? Did you use Migration Tool? 

18 hours ago, cua2047 said:

Great works! I'm sticking to FSX currently and it's good to see someone still making add-ons for it. Just a question: How did you make P3Dv4+ addons compatible with FSX? Did you use Migration Tool? 

what is migration tool?

anyways the model usage in FSX and P3Dv4+ is diff: P3Dv4+ has PBR which FSX doesn't. Since SSP's 777X included both, thats how its done

as for Rikoooo's cockpit, it also includes FSX and P3Dv4+ models also for the same reason: compatibility with both 32-bit and 64-bit

anyways thx for the compliment!

PC Specs: 

CURRENT

2 hours ago, SGFlightSimmerYT said:

what is migration tool?

anyways the model usage in FSX and P3Dv4+ is diff: P3Dv4+ has PBR which FSX doesn't. Since SSP's 777X included both, thats how its done

as for Rikoooo's cockpit, it also includes FSX and P3Dv4+ models also for the same reason: compatibility with both 32-bit and 64-bit

anyways thx for the compliment!

https://www.flightsim.ee/products/migration-tool/ This is the Migration Tool I was talking about, it helps you install airplanes, airports, and other stuff made for older flight simulators (FS2004/FSX for example) into the newer ones (P3D). Anyway, thank you for the explanation. 

3 hours ago, cua2047 said:

https://www.flightsim.ee/products/migration-tool/ This is the Migration Tool I was talking about, it helps you install airplanes, airports, and other stuff made for older flight simulators (FS2004/FSX for example) into the newer ones (P3D). Anyway, thank you for the explanation. 

oh that.. nah i dont use it since its payware

3 hours ago, warmanbrent said:

thanks! this is one of my first contributions to the fsx/p3d world since i always used x-plane

PC Specs: 

CURRENT

• 5 months later...

I think this is a late response but will explain about the format of  MDL files.

There is  
MDL8  format MDL   which is used at FS2002/2004
MDLX format  MDL  which is for  FSX  
PV20  format  MDL  which is from  P3DV2.0
PV44 format   MDL  which is from P3DV4.0 

FSX can handle MDLX and MDL8 
Can't handle PV20 and PV44  since from PV20 ..  Index to the vertex  is changed from 16 bit to 32 bit so can't handle a PV20 and PV44 format.
I think some saying P3D model is  from  from P3DV1 which was almost same as Microsoft ESP and SDK's export format was same MDLX.

For checking which format the file is  , use  "Model Format Checker" in this library.

Just made a simple image for understanding.
The point between FSX and P3DV2 or later is  data's INDEX is expended from 16bit to 32bit.
And section names are changed.
So FSX can't read P3DV2 or later.

image.thumb.gif.6bd513ae628585148eaac8eed8dbcb6f.gif