Flightsim.com was my favorite web destination back in the FS9/FSX day.

Mine too. I got away from this site and just started coming back. I mainly use the PMDG B737-700 and used to participate in their forums. But they have become too toxic with the regulars talking down to people just asking a simple question. I still like it here. I still have FS9 with all my addons on an older computer. I go back to it every now and then. It's old but there are still some things that FS9 does better than MSFS2020.

• Like 1

As far back as I recall, the Mods on this forum always dealt pretty swiftly with toxic behavior. I don't remember the dude's name, but it was back before the turn of the century, around the time of Captain Slarty's membership. I remember Slarty helping me in my early days but the other dude was poisonous. Since then, it has been a real joy to belong to this forum.    

2 hours ago, budreiser said:

As far back as I recall, the Mods on this forum always dealt pretty swiftly with toxic behavior. I don't remember the dude's name, but it was back before the turn of the century, around the time of Captain Slarty's membership. I remember Slarty helping me in my early days but the other dude was poisonous. Since then, it has been a real joy to belong to this forum.    

I know exactly who you are talking about. That mod was the reason I stopped my paid subscription to this site. If I remember he had a motorcycle in his forum picture. And yes it is much better now.

59 minutes ago, bam1220 said:

I know exactly who you are talking about. That mod was the reason I stopped my paid subscription to this site. If I remember he had a motorcycle in his forum picture. And yes it is much better now.

fxsttcb (Don) by any chance?  Only ex-mod here that was a motorcycle enthusiast?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

46 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

fxsttcb (Don) by any chance?  Only ex-mod here that was a motorcycle enthusiast?

I honestly can't remember his name. Don doesn't ring a bell though. I would definitely recognize his name and picture if I saw it again. I've been here since the late 90's if I remember right. I know it was a while back.

• Thanks 1

Nah! Can't say we've only had one scrooge on here but this guy was a Brit (gentleman?) and most caustic. Even if I could recall his moniker, I'd probably remember in silence for fear of being removed from this forum. I have a feeling Nels remembers him. 

• Thanks 1

I'm actually glad to see the MSFS 2020 stuff on here. I've downloaded a few cool things for that sim here. The OV-10 Bronco Cal-Fire livery and the 2020 screen saver file, which I converted to a windows 10 theme. Totally cool! And not available elsewhere. 

I want to do a few scenery mods for San Diego in MSFS. If i do, I'll post them here. 

On 10/11/2023 at 10:48 AM, jgf said:

Just don't say that around the FS2020 crowd, lol.

Doesn't bother me at all. Everyone has their favorites. Personally I think MSFS 2020 is da bomb, but I'd never insult those who think otherwise..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home