24 minutes ago, Mike80 said:

"MPH"  - why, how? an F-18 uses knots - where are you using this;

Read numerous articles, you will find kts, mph, and kph used about equally, at the discretion of the author.  This can be further obfuscated when TAS and IAS are referenced, but not explicitly designated, in the same article (this might be the OP's issue).

4 hours ago, jgf said:

Read numerous articles, you will find kts, mph, and kph used about equally, at the discretion of the author.  This can be further obfuscated when TAS and IAS are referenced, but not explicitly designated, in the same article (this might be the OP's issue).

US military aircraft use KIAS / KTAS - period.

Been there, done it, for real.

24 minutes ago, Mike80 said:

US military aircraft use KIAS / KTAS - period.  Been there, done it, for real.

Thumbs up!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Question to the OP... Which one are you flying? Who made it?

I have the KBT Super Hornet for FS9, and the last thing I'd call it is a 'slow' Airplane. I don't even have to use AB, and she's off the Runway (5,800' MSL) at 170 KIAS and accelerating like the proverbial bat out of The Hot Place; @ 10K MSL I'm already past 250 and still punching a hole in the sky. If I'm not paying attention I get into an Overspeed condition in a jiffy.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

17 hours ago, Fromflorida said:

When I take off, I am not getting full speed in the F/A18. When I'm in flight, I average a speed of 200 mph. Other aircraft have the same issue.

Do you retract the landing gear?

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

2 hours ago, jgf said:

But not everyone here has military background.  And you will find plenty of online data for military aircraft giving specs in mph.  It may not be technically correct but it is not wrong.

And most of it is generalized for public consumption, often inaccurate or plain wrong. However, I will add that in the WWII era and before many military planes did use mph vice knots. You will also note that US navigation data is in knots because it has a direct physical meaning: 1  nm =1 minute of latitude

On 10/4/2023 at 5:05 AM, Mike80 said:

1  nm =1 minute of latitude

That was the case until recently but it is now defined in terms of the metre.  A nautical mile in now defined as being 1852 metres.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

18 minutes ago, nsproles said:

A nautical mile in now defined as being 1852 metres.

1851.85 / 1852 or 1853,248 / 1853...

What's one ten-millionth of a quarter meridian among friends?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, Fromflorida said:

When I take off, I am not getting full speed in the F/A18. When I'm in flight, I average a speed of 200 mph. Other aircraft have the same issue.

That several aircraft have the problem indicates that it is probably some setting causing the problem.  If you Google the problem, you will find plenty of suggestions such as to check null zones, to check to see if you have duplicate bindings in your control settings or even to check if you have 'Assisted Take off' engaged as that can over ride throttle settings.  Run your engines to full power on the ground to see if you get the required max RPM (or 100% power in TBM 930) - this may indicate if your throttle is not giving you full power and hence not getting you up to speed when airborne.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

11 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

1851.85 / 1852 or 1853,248 / 1853...

What's one ten-millionth of a quarter meridian among friends?

It was important enough for the international community to spend about forty years coming to an agreement on it.  

Lighten up a little, it was meant as a joke.

Keep it light, keep it fun.

• Like 1

phrog x 2.jpg