Disappearing texture files!

neilking2706

Recently, I loaded up a saved flight and the a/c I was using, having previously been just fine, was just a black silhouette. On investigation, I found its texture folder was empty. Same thing happened with a couple of AI aircraft. Yesterday, same thing with the (flyable) a/c I was using and at the same time the sim flashed a lot of warnings about some object libraries I'd installed recently. I confess I didn't pay much attention to them and just closed them but when I went to look, I found that the texture and scenery folders of these libraries were empty as well (until now they were working just fine).

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Has your antivirus program quarantined them?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Check the Recycle Bin immediately, something may have inadvertently deleted those files;  malware, system security, and operator error are all suspect.  If nothing there and you know the folder or file names of any of the missing items, do a system wide search.  If still nothing ....time to reinstall the errant files.

1 hour ago, jgf said:

Check the Recycle Bin immediately, something may have inadvertently deleted those files;  malware, system security, and operator error are all suspect.  If nothing there and you know the folder or file names of any of the missing items, do a system wide search.  If still nothing ....time to reinstall the errant files.

Again, thanks for replying but not in the Recycle Bin and couldn't find a sample of two of the missing files anywhere else they shouldn't be. Have already reloaded them all from the zip of the original download because I always preserve these.