ETA's on B787-10 FMC

Prior to the last big update (1.33.8.0) Waypoints on the B787-10 FMC were a gimme. The update seems to have stolen that. Since installing 1.33.8.0, I have installed the freebie program "FLYBYWIRE", which gives you some Real World airlines at your major terminals. Seems it has created a few new probs, such as failing to show TRAFFIC on the ND and less contrails through your area of display. But that is another issue.

What I have discovered, and I'm not sure if FLYBYWIRE has anything to do with it, is, I can now get WAYPOINT ETA's on the FMC, but only after including some weight factors from the WEIGHT and BALANCE panel. Maybe I'm 100% wrong but would appreciate any comments, even negative. Thanks in advance.

LEGSRTEDATA(before).jpg.d427f4b1dd933acf867b8ddd0b86a782.jpgWaypointswithETAs(after).jpg.223de3586f46968b22761a7fd4d54c08.jpg

Max Takeoff Weight.jpg

9 minutes ago, budreiser said:

What I have discovered, and I'm not sure if FLYBYWIRE has anything to do with it, is, I can now get WAYPOINT ETA's on the FMC, but only after including some weight factors from the WEIGHT and BALANCE panel.

You're 100% right Bud, the more info you can put into the FMC, the more you'll get out of it. Any field which can be filled in, you should try to fill in.

A large part of the FMC's function is as a weighing scales, basically, and this data tells the autopilot how to fly the plane to use the minimum amount of fuel at all stages of the flight.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim, as always, good to hear from you. And, as always, you're so dependable. Having ETA's makes for a more enjoyable flight. 

I do wonder if this weight added would have worked before the FLYBYWIRE addition. Maybe this afternoon (CDT) I'll remove FBW from COMMUNITY folder and see what happens.

Thanks once more.

• Like 1