Uninstall Miami City X

Ray Hff

On the install, it was automatic.  I just ran the program.

After the fact, I realized it had no uninstall instructions.

While it shows up in File Explorer as a folder, it does nor appear in the addon list when you run FSX.  So you can't delete it there.

If you just delete the folder via File Explorer, FSX cites it as a missing file the next time you load FSX.

10 hours ago, Ray Hff said:

On the install, it was automatic.  I just ran the program.

After the fact, I realized it had no uninstall instructions.

While it shows up in File Explorer as a folder, it does nor appear in the addon list when you run FSX.  So you can't delete it there.

If you just delete the folder via File Explorer, FSX cites it as a missing file the next time you load FSX.

Did you first go into FSX and remove it from the Scenery Library?  Now, FSX doesn't know it exists.  I'd then go to Control Panel and see if it's listed as an installed program and uninstall it from there.  If it isn't listed, go back into File Explorer and delete the files.

Tried it both ways.

Neither way works.

There's no program listing or option to delete it via windows add/remove feature. So it can't be removed there.

Within FSX, it never shows up in the Scenery Library.

If you just delete the folder Miami City X folder from FSX/addon scenery via File Explorer, FSX cites it as a missing file the next time you load FSX.

I've been enjoying FSX since the earliest edition came out and this is something I've never run into before.

• Members
  • 52 posts

My original file came from here and I'm on Windows 11.

I tried this:

1.  Manually edited the scenery.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX by deleting the Miami City X section.
2.  Deleted the Miami City X folder from addon scenery in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery.
3.  Deleted the Filelistindex.DAT in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
4.  Ran FSX giving it time to rebuild index.

It ran fine; but, on any restart, even though no scenery is there, Miami City X is still flagged as a missing file.

• 2 months later...

is ıt still listed in your scenery.cfg? try deleting the entry manually if so

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I should add:  While the file shows up in the FSX add-on directory on the disk, the file name does not show up within the program in the add-on menu.

So there's nothing to delete from with the program.

If the file is just deleted, FSX flags it as a missing file.

So its listed as a scenery area in your scenery.cfg at  - LocalDrive (prob your C drive)/ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX? And when you delete the entry it still reports as missing when you restart FSX? That may indicate the scenery is still located somewhere in FSX. Have you trıed looking outside of the addon scenery folder? I think i recall this scenery installs in its own folder created in FSX. Have you looked insıde Scenery/World/scenery too? maybe theres some BGL stuff left in there?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

It is stating a true fact.  You did delete the Miami City X scenery folder from the FSX/Addon Scenery folder.  I'm betting it's still in the FSX/Settings/Scenery/Scenery Library.  You may have to scroll very slowly through all that's in there and look for anything related to Miami or Miami City X.

That's why I hate autoinstallers!

• Like 1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It has been removed from the Addon Scenery folder.  

I have looked in the FSX folder, also my FSX files within the User account and the FSX files in Program Data; but, I cannot find the folder "FSX/Settings/Scenery/Scenery Library".

Where is that folder located?

25 minutes ago, Ray Hff said:

It has been removed from the Addon Scenery folder.  

I have looked in the FSX folder, also my FSX files within the User account and the FSX files in Program Data; but, I cannot find the folder "FSX/Settings/Scenery/Scenery Library".

Where is that folder located?

It's not a folder!  It is the Scenery Library like I show to click on the tab where the red aroow points, in the screenshot from yesterday at 9:30 am.  When you click on it, it look like this:    Scroll through here to find Miami City X.

download.jpeg

7 hours ago, mrzippy said:

That's why I hate autoinstallers!

So much better when manually install, and you can keep track of what was put where, and can remove if necessary.

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

5 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

If worse comes to worse, Please print out this next image, paste it to your desktop and follow the directions.

Need this to follow some of these threads. 💣💥,,, Ahhhhhh

• Haha 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Zippy, I'll save the sign as there's been many times I could have used that.

As for the problem, I combed the scenery list as you indicated and there's no Miami or Miami X left in there.

Oddly enough, among the various addons, there was one entry called "Addon Scenery".  And, that begs a second question, is it normal to have such a file in that addon scenery area?

Inside of the Addon Scenery folder I think the is a folder just called Scenery.  I think there is an entry in the Scenery Library called Addon Scenery, but it's been a long time since I looked at it.

Yep there is an entry.  Sorry for the blurry image but I had to enlarge it.  It's the top entry!

thescenerylibrary01 (1).jpg

The Addon Scenery Item is apparently normal.  I just checked -- I have a old second computer on which I did not install Miami X and it to has the Addon entry.

The original Miami X issue  remains a mystery.

I've been running FSX since its inception and this one's got me guessing. 

• Sad 1