Phantoms

Nothing like the Phantom!!!!

I miss having them fly by base housing at El Toro in the '80s.

Bright afterburners screaming, the sound and sights of freedom.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Hey JK!  I was just reading a very interesting article on the Gruman F4Fs and the Marine Aces that flew them during WWII in Smithsonian Magazine Online.  I wonder if you might post some Marine painted Gruman F4Fs someday?

If you've already done that I apologize, I guess I missed that one.

Michael 

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

12 minutes ago, Rupert said:

I wonder if you might post some Marine painted Gruman F4Fs someday?

I second that! 

This aircraft was the only USMC F-4 to take down a Mig.

image.jpeg.fa03bc8361f70c1ca84f148291a08750.jpeg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

On 8/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, PhrogPhlyer said:

Nothing like the Phantom!!!!

I miss having them fly by base housing at El Toro in the '80s.

Bright afterburners screaming, the sound and sights of freedom.

I agree with your thoughts on the sounds and sights of freedom.   I also loved having F-4s, A-4s, or F-8s flying aerial support when making combat assault or resupply landings or drops.   However I don't miss either F-4s or F-8s flying through the old blimp hangers at MCAF Santa Ana in the '60s even a little bit!!!  That's why we had to start keeping a set of the doors closed!

10 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I second that! 

This aircraft was the only USMC F-4 to take down a Mig.

image.jpeg.fa03bc8361f70c1ca84f148291a08750.jpeg

I agree about takng down a Mig..  However I was referring to the swing wing Gruman F-4F Wildcats like the ones Joe Foss flew during WWII against Japanese Zeros off of Guadacanal etc.

13 minutes ago, Rupert said:

However I was referring to the swing wing Gruman F-4F Wildcats like the ones Joe Foss flew during WWII against Japanese Zeros off of Guadacanal etc.

Also agree with that request!

phrog x 2.jpg

24 minutes ago, Rupert said:

I don't miss either F-4s or F-8s flying through the old blimp hangers at MCAF Santa Ana in the '60s

Yeah, that's too too loud!

phrog x 2.jpg