The Phabulous Phantom

PhrogPhlyer phantasizes phlying phast in phormation with this phantastic phantom as the phoreign phighters flee.    Phights on!!!  Phew.....

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

17 minutes ago, BillD22 said:

F4's characteristic (and hi-viz!) brown exhaust cloud

Best converters of JP to black smoke ever...  F-4, B-52, and H-53.

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

With a BFO on your NDB, the altitude alert was your aircraft commander smacking you with the NATOPS manual, and collision avoidance alert was someone yelling over the intercom "What the hell was that?"

Ah, I so miss the good old days.

phrog x 2.jpg

21 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Best converters of JP to black smoke ever...  F-4, B-52, and H-53.

Though thankfully you'll probably not see one very often today, I'd add any early model MIG as well as he old HH-37.  The HH-37 was the smokiest aircraft I'm even seen fly.  And sadly the same was true even in the cabin!  Where a 5 gallon pail was always placed under the main transmission to collect most of the leaks and keep them off the cabin floor.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

2 hours ago, Rupert said:

collect most of the leaks

Such good memories! Lite a T-28, if it's not leaking oil, it's out of oil.

phrog x 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...