The Corporate Pilot Guys Podcast On Spotify

• Founder

corporate-pilot-guys-podcast.jpg

Regular FlightSim.Com contributor thecorporatepilotdad announces a new podcast. Join Rob and Tim, both professional corporate jet pilots from either side of the US/Canada border, as they discuss aviation industry related topics, promote pilot mentorship, reach out to new prospective pilots and have fun doing their show.

They have a new logo thanks to Serge at The Pilot Club and new episodes have gone up every two weeks.  Rob and Tim are trying very hard to get an episode published on a bi-monthly basis.  In addition to normal topics, there is an ATC Tip given by a real-world ATCer along with an aviation market update and airplane buying tips by McGill Aviation who is an aircraft broker.  One episode did cover MSFS in a segment, and they do bring up flight sims once in a while because Rob and Tim both are flight sim nerds.

"Checkrides, Challengers, and Coffee" is the latest episode.  They both talk about failing checkrides and that it isn't the end of the world when that happens.  They also give several tips for taking a checkride based on their experience of taking multiple checkrides throughout the year and for all the ratings up through ATP.

You can find the podcast here.

Curiously, though I can get to Spotify and list this podcast on my Linux computer (web page looks good), it refuses to play anything, but it works fine on my Windows 7 machine. Of course this is the first time I've ever been on Spotify and I haven't signed up (nor will I), but this is a strange difference, especially since I use Firefox on both.

Addendum: I just discovered a tiny box on the Linux machine that says "Enable DRM" and clicking it lets the podcast play. I learned something new...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

43 minutes ago, lnuss said:

Addendum: I just discovered a tiny box on the Linux machine that says "Enable DRM" and clicking it lets the podcast play. I learned something new...

As Linux comes from the Open Source world, many proponents find DRM and closed source software such as many codecs for audio and video antithetical to the concept. From this, you will often find DRM is not enabled by default, and the supporting codecs (the software for playing back some formats) not even being installed.

Certainly that's true, Loki, and I often applaud it, but the box was so tiny that I missed seeing it the first couple of times I tried it (and it ever some up on anything else I had tried) and was getting frustrated, especially since the same browser in Windows didn't have that problem/feature, whichever you consider it to be. But finally I spotted it in the bottom corner. Gnome is getting so much better and so much easier to use that I sometimes forget (when in a browser) that it's still Linux, being more used to the shell in Unix (30+ years) and Linux than to the GUI.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!