I am going back to FSX until they fix this. I can't fly any plane with AP anymore. It seems to me the issue is with VNAV but when I try the 172 w/o glass panel some times it'll let me clime and use nav to go from place to place3 in VOR or direct VFR flight mode. Most of the time it won't climb or catch the nav and I wind up in a C & B issue. I love the TBM 930 but it is worse after the AAU2 update. I'll go back to FSX where I can fly any plane w/o issue. The views aren't great but flying is flying...

• Like 1

This may or may not help. In fact, so much time has passed that I'm not certain what my problem was (or if this fixed it), but it may be worth a try. I do recall having AP probs and may have even gleaned this info from someone else on this or some other forum. If my memory serves me right, I might have used it once with no need to use it since. You might want something simpler than a two key command such as mine. Like I said, it might help but don't get your hopes up.

AP on-off.jpg

I have the flight yoke systen with the throttle quardrent and rudder peddles and the AP controls. I have tried using the AP control, the mouse inside of the plane and the keyboard to no aval... its very frusterating as it worked before the AAU2 update...

I'm at a loss right now. thanks for trying and if anyone has anything I can try please reach out to me.

AD

panel1.jpg

On 7/27/2023 at 10:29 PM, amberdog1 said:

I have tried using the AP control, the mouse inside of the plane and the keyboard to no aval... its very frusterating as it worked before the AAU2 update...

MSFS updates are infamous for changing preferences and settings at random and without warning. Have you checked all your control assignments since the update?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have the identical Logitech Flight Yoke System without the separate AP unit, and I'm having no issues (luckily!). I suspect it's your AP unit that's causing these problems for some reason - have you tried a flight with the AP unit unplugged? It would also be wise to check if there's a recent software/firmware update for the AP unit.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for your helpTim, I have unpluged and removed ther Logi plugin for MSFS and FSX both just to make sure there is no conflict, taken a flight in the 172 w/o glass panel. The plane would climb but not nav. I did a VOR from KCPK to KCRG and had to use headding instead of nav. The V/S went fine. I tried with the flight yoke systen and got the same thing. I tried using the TBM 930 and only hdg worked... This is a bit discouraging but for the $120 I paid I'm not going to give up just yet...

AD

This sounds like you have a corrupted autopilot file in the base sim.

The cure for this without a full re-install is to delete the base sim folder in question and then re-launch the sim, which will cause that folder to be re-installed automatically.

The folder is named "fs-base-aircraft-common" and it's in your Packages\Official\OneStore folder.

If you don't want to delete the folder, just move it to your desktop for now and then re-launch the sim.

A sim update will download (it's your new "fs-base-aircraft-common" folder) and then you should be good to go.

Just after the AAU2 update I had to instal MSFS from scratch, almost 8 hours with steam. This was at the advice of Zendesk as it wasn't opening up just freezing on the mainn startup window. I Did and found out I couldn't fly with the AP and now you know the rest... (or I think you do)

AD

Do you have any of the Working Title mods in your Community folder? After the AAU2 update these should all be removed, along with the PMS GNS530 mod.

If you're sure there are no control assignment conflicts or conflicting mods in the Community folder, it must be a corrupt installation.

I would recommend removing the "fs-base-aircraft-common" folder from Packages\Official\OneStore and rebooting the sim just to be sure.

• 1 month later...

I thank you for your idea but I have to say no it didn't work. What has worked on the 172 and the 208 has been I choose the departure airport on the world map the start the flight. Just after take off I'll do a direct flight to my desired airport. The 172 will pickup nav and I control my alt and speed. The 208 sometimes gets nav and other times I have to on my own. I still can't get the tbm to fly right. I have tried the exact flight in the you tube video and found the ground not long after take off...

Happy ☕ Flyin.... AD