Blank 2d panel

Bjartie

1 hour ago, Bjartie said:

The generators are started before engine start. It's as if someone turned off the avionics switch. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough to irk me.

Odd!  Usually the generators/alternators are turned on after engine start.  Are you referring to APUs?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The panel I'm using is an Airbus. I start with the electricals, and the APU generator. The X bleed is on APU. That said, this has also happened when I fly a 737 using  Gareth Monro's newest panel. The engines start in all cases as normal, the avionics cut out usually happens during push-back, or on the taxiway. 

You are losing electrical power APU's are shut down after engine start..APU generator is not what you want.  Let me see if I have a shot showing what needs to be switched on.

I just started up the aircraft I used in the picture, a Boeing 717 with an Airbus panel that I put in, and everything worked normally. What irks me is that sometimes it happens and sometimes (most of the time) it does not. Of course I shut down the APU generator after engine start. I don't think it is a starting procedural, rather a bug in the software somewhere. I've been simming for more than 20 years and know how to start an aircraft. This bug has only been happening recently. I have lots of add ons, from aircraft to panels to scenery, a lot of moving parts. I think there is a conflict somewhere but I don't know where.

I don't have any default panels in any aircraft and most of my aircraft are not default. I agree that there could be a panel conflict but this started only a few days ago, everything was fine up to then. I'm thinking maybe some sort of windows update screwed things up? As I said, more often than not everything works fine. Its just when it doesn't it gets frustrating. If I knew what caused it I could then at least try to fix it. I'm also wondering if VOXATC could be the culprit. The 717 is new for me; I downloaded it just yesterday and a Project Airbus plane was also new and it happened. If I could isolate the problem to specific aircraft I could always just delete the aircraft. I have tons of planes, probably far too many.

OK, at his point I wish you good luck!  Keep in mind that some developers of aircraft and/or panels use gauges or whatever from default aircraft.  If you have deleted any default planes....you may have problems.

What you can do, as a cheat for this problem is what I'm marking in  RED in the aircraft.cfg of any aircraft.  You are losing electric power when the battery runs down.  Also

hoping you have no electrical failures programmed in to your flights.

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24
generator_alternator_voltage = 28
max_generator_alternator_amps = 50
engine_generator_map = 1,1
electric_always_available=1

flap_motor = 0, 5, 0
gear_motor = 0, 5, 0
autopilot = 0, 5, 0
avionics_bus = 0, 10, 0
avionics = 1, 5, 0
pitot_heat = 0, 2, 0
additional_system = 0, 20, 0
marker_beacon = 1, 2, 0
gear_warning = 0, 2, 0
fuel_pump = 0, 5, 0
starter1 = 0, 20, 0
light_nav = 0, 5, 0
light_beacon = 0, 5, 0
light_landing = 0, 5, 0
light_taxi = 0, 5, 0
light_strobe = 0, 5, 0
light_panel = 0, 5, 0

I've had similar issues in FS2004 using aircraft with complex systems, they often do not function properly with the default "pop in the cockpit ready for takeoff".  Try this - load the aircraft, shut down all systems for a "cold and dark" startup, save this and exit the sim;  restart the sim and select the default aircraft/airport flight, once that has loaded switch to your aircraft and go through the recommended startup procedure.

I followed Mr Zippy's advice and flew the 717 in question this morning and everything was perfect. I had to tweak a few things on the A/C, it think it came a bit buggy from the developer. That said, it is freeware so I shouldn't complain. I appreciate the time and effort people put into their freeware products.

• Like 1