AI Traffic, where is it?

I have read much of the forums on this and other sites, and for me it still is not clear how to find where your AI traffic is.

This is the same for using Traffic Toolbox.

I would appreciate being pointed to a good reference to read on set up and using ANY utility that allows for finding your current AI aircraft when you are flying.

Thanks, and Happy Simming.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 12:59 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

I would appreciate being pointed to a good reference to read on set up and using ANY utility that allows for finding your current AI aircraft when you are flying.

Thanks, and Happy Simming.

Are you asking to get a visual on position, direction, speed and altitude of each programmed aircraft injected into your flight by the so called 'AI' feature in FSX?

Or something different?

This is a forum message from June 23rd that is no longer a question.

I forgot it was out there.

No further action is needed.

Thanks

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 5 weeks later...

Did it dissapeared? If so, try to uninstall and re-install the game. If there's less ai aircrafts, try to stay in the game longer without exiting the flight, the longer you stay, the more ai aircrafts would pop up. Atleast that's what I saw from a forum a month ago or 2.

2 hours ago, Ryubunao1478 said:

Did it dissapeared? If so, try to uninstall and re-install the game. If there's less ai aircrafts, try to stay in the game longer without exiting the flight, the longer you stay, the more ai aircrafts would pop up. Atleast that's what I saw from a forum a month ago or 2.

I can't help wondering why I see this "solution" offered so often, by so many people. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program is a poor means of troubleshooting, for as much trouble as it is, and often doesn't work. For some of us it would take a week or longer to get it back the way it was, if we could at all. It should be a very last resort, at best.

And FYI, my sim was installed when this computer was new (2010) and has never needed re-installation, though add-ons are abundant here, and this is in spite of the usual problems that we come across. Finding and fixing the actual cause of the problem saves a lot of time and trouble, in the long run.

And there has generally been enough expertise available on this site to solve most any problem that isn't something that would require the original developers (ACES) to resolve.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

21 minutes ago, lnuss said:

I can't help wondering why I see this "solution" offered so often, by so many people. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program is a poor means of troubleshooting, for as much trouble as it is, and often doesn't work. For some of us it would take a week or longer to get it back the way it was, if we could at all. It should be a very last resort, at best.

And FYI, my sim was installed when this computer was new (2010) and has never needed re-installation, though add-ons are abundant here, and this is in spite of the usual problems that we come across. Finding and fixing the actual cause of the problem saves a lot of time and trouble, in the long run.

And there has generally been enough expertise available on this site to solve most any problem that isn't something that would require the original developers (ACES) to resolve.

I really don't know how to fix the problem without using that solution. I did it and it worked for me. Maybe try to find the default AI Traffic bgl scenery file and put it in the Scenery\World\Scenery file. But if you can't, I'll just send it to you via zip file.

1 hour ago, lnuss said:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the program is a poor means of troubleshooting

Lol, I'm sure you've heard this-

Three engineers were riding in a car: a mechanical engineer, a chemical engineer, and a Microsoft software engineer. The car stalled, and they rolled it to the side of the road.

The mechanical engineer popped the hood, looked in and said "Look. The drive belt is loose. All we have to do is tighten it up and the car will work just fine."

The chemical engineer replied "No, that's all wrong. The problem is fuel contamination. We have to drain the fuel, filter it, and then everything will be A-OK."

The Microsoft software engineer told the other two "No, I've seen this problem before. We have to get back in the car, close all the windows, shut down the car, get out, get back in, start up the car, open all the windows, and then it will run."

My analogy also involves cars.  Your car's engine is misfiring, you take it to the Microsoft garage;  "Sure, we can fix that,  just need to rebuild the engine".  True, an engine rebuild will cure the misfire;  it will take several days and cost several thousand dollars.  A simple tune-up will also cure the misfire, take an hour and fifty dollars.  But Microsoft knows nothing of tune-ups, only rebuilds.

• Like 1