Grpahic Card error??

,My experience arrived at by trial and error when it first happened a few months ago. I am NOT an expert and have 3070ti. I have a few things in community, just some liveries and a couple of airports. I fly A320 fbw and, apart from cleaning the pc, which is 15 months old, I've not done anything. Mostly fly high to ultra and, with latest update, at about 90 fps, before was about 60. So this is what caused the message and how I now avoid it. I use 55" LG uhd tv and a 27" monitor just for instruments which I drag down from tv. If I use afterburner with DX 12 beta message appears, freeze and ctd.,  (using DX 11 does not cause problem). For me it is as simple as that. I prefer the DX 12 as it seems better so I do not use afterburner. If I do need to measure or monitor and want afterburner, I avoid the monitor. Simple as that. Nvidia always updated but I do not think makes a difference. This is just me but maybe might help someone. Willing to answer questions but only if simple!

On 3/31/2023 at 1:37 PM, Forkster said:

So to confirm, the issue was your graphics card was the problem?  When you cleaned your card, were the fans dusty etc? Also, before taking out the card, did you try reseating the graphics card in the slot?

As soon as the error message appeared reseating the GPUs was the very first thing I did including re-securing the RAM memory and at that time it made no difference, also the GPU fans had very insignificant dust, but the GPU thermal paste was completely dried out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, grimsel said:

I found this in the MSFS forum covering the problem:

"Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message. Suggested solutions if you are regularly getting this message are one or more of the following:

• Reduce graphical quality settings (e.g. from High to Medium)
  • Reduce LOD sliders
  • Remove addons that could be causing this error

We agree that the message is a bit vague and unclear. We have submitted feedback to the devs to change the text of this error message so it better describes the cause.

Thanks,
MSFS Team"

If this is the reason, it does not necessarily matter which driver version you are using or how often you re-install something.

Can you monitor your RAM / VRAM consumption?

I first had this strange error in October - November 2022.  I tried dozens of recommended fixes.  The one thing I know for sure is that memory usage was not an issue - each time the crash occurred - 10 to 12 GB of 32 GB memory was in use.  The temperatures in both the RTX 3060 Ti (8GB) and i7-9700K (@ 4.7 GHz) were always low normal.  The VRAM usage always remains the same. 

I ran MSFS with an empty Community folder.   I tried all kinds of drivers. I tried dozens of different configurations for the graphics options. 

I ran three different GPS stress tests for hours at a time with overclocking, underclocking, raised and lowered voltage and never saw the error in any other stress test or other GPU intense application.

The problem was intermittent for weeks, sometimes happening in five MSFS loads in a row and then only once in 10.  This problem lasted for weeks and then SUDDENLY stopped occurring in late December 2022.  I had just accepted the problem and gave up trying to fix it.  

I have had NO occurrences of this graphics error in 2023.  I have MSFS loaded and running about three hours a day, five days a week.

i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, domzduzt said:

Does your motherboard have an integrated video card and is that the active card right now?

He solved his problem weeks ago. It was over-heating.

• Like 1
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

On 4/17/2023 at 11:53 PM, domzduzt said:

I ran three different GPS stress tests for hours at a time with overclocking, underclocking, raised and lowered voltage and never saw the error in any other stress test or other GPU intense application. teatv apk

download apk

Hate to say it, but I've been getting the same error message as well, _only_ with MSFS, and _only_ with Nvidia driver updates past version 531.29 (that one is at least stable). Using it with a 2070 Super, (8GB VRam), 64GB motherboard ram, heaps of virtual memory, and there is no overclocking or overheating occurring - the latter confirmed with external programs running behind the scenes, logging. I've been using MSFS2020 since it first came out, and this only started occurring late last year, again coincidently, when the newer Nvidia graphics drivers were released.

Additionally, looking around the traps, it appears only Nvidia card users are getting this issue? I've not seen anyone else pipe up with the same problems using AMD cards in here or other forums.

If it was an "update issue" with Absorbo/Microsoft, or, as the "official" explanation goes, a memory issue, I do think many more people would be raising this as a concern. To that end I'm pointing the finger back at the Nvidia graphics drivers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, tiger1962 said:

Ha! I just got the same error with the latest driver, 531.41:

spacer.png

I have now reverted back to version 531.29: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/results/200226/

This happened to me today, just after updating Nvidia drivers to 532.03 through GeForce Experience.

I had thought the system wouldn't let me revert to an older driver so easily, but the solution suggested above worked like a charm. Thanks Tiger!!

Now I only wonder if I should stay with 531.29 forever, ignoring all future upadate warnings from GeForce Experience (?)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Asobo has come out and said there were problems with the newer Nvidia drivers causing all kinds of issues with MSFS. It is recommended to use Nvidia driver 531.29 until Nvidia fixes the issues. 

Here is a Youtube video about this issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEmWgh_1VVI

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

On 5/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, danbiosca said:

This happened to me today, just after updating Nvidia drivers to 532.03 through GeForce Experience.

I had thought the system wouldn't let me revert to an older driver so easily, but the solution suggested above worked like a charm. Thanks Tiger!!

Now I only wonder if I should stay with 531.29 forever, ignoring all future upadate warnings from GeForce Experience (?)

I'm sticking with what works as well. Took me awhile to find the procedure to roll back, and once I did, MSFS has been working great. No need to keep updating drivers at the moment.

• Like 1
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I can't believe that two years worn out or error message.

The same, my video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 always update get downloading. use a since 2017 no problem with video card never appear error message wow for 6 years.

MSFS good for new video card try this 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Gaming GDDR6

Jimmy

• Sad 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"