Grpahic Card error??

I've used MSFS for the last 2 years with no major problems, I just re-installed MSFS (store) in a new SSD and now I'm getting this error:   "Your graphics device has encountered a problem and the application will exit.  This maybe due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault"    I've updated my graphic card Nvidia drivers but I'm still getting the same error:  " Any ideas?

56 minutes ago, valero said:

I've used MSFS for the last 2 years with no major problems, I just re-installed MSFS (store) in a new SSD and now I'm getting this error:   "Your graphics device has encountered a problem and the application will exit.  This maybe due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault"    I've updated my graphic card Nvidia drivers but I'm still getting the same error:  " Any ideas?

Someone just posted that they too upgraded their Nvidia drivers and are having issues.

I suggest these two sites (I use them myself)

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-nvcleanstall/   (to install ONLY what drivers you want to install)
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html  (to remove ALL Nvidia drivers from you system)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

2 hours ago, davidc2 said:

Someone just posted that they too upgraded their Nvidia drivers and are having issues.

I suggest these two sites (I use them myself)

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-nvcleanstall/   (to install ONLY what drivers you want to install)
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html  (to remove ALL Nvidia drivers from you system)

Tried your two very good suggestions but NO DICE. I even removed and installed MSFS and all the same....I know MSFS is completely different than any other simulation/game but everything else i my computer works with no glitch. I also think it has something to do with NVidia, it all started when I got a note from MSFS to upgrade my Nvidia GPU, after I did it all started and if I take off the upgrade it tells me to upgrade again...

7 minutes ago, valero said:

Tried your two very good suggestions but NO DICE. I even removed and installed MSFS and all the same....I know MSFS is completely different than any other simulation/game but everything else i my computer works with no glitch. I also think it has something to do with NVidia, it all started when I got a note from MSFS to upgrade my Nvidia GPU, after I did it all started and if I take off the upgrade it tells me to upgrade again...

Ouch!!

Can you run MSFS without doing the Nvidia upgrade, or does it stop the sim?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

33 minutes ago, JSkorna said:

Does your motherboard have an integrated video card and is that the active card right now?

Yes it does, it has never been active. As a last resource I've just re-installed windows 10 and MSFS and everything is the same. My last hope (I think) will be to install MSFS in the C:/ drive...

11 hours ago, valero said:

Yes it does, it has never been active. As a last resource I've just re-installed windows 10 and MSFS and everything is the same. My last hope (I think) will be to install MSFS in the C:/ drive...

Which nvidia graphic card are you using? The minimum for MSFS is a GeForce GTX 770.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

1 hour ago, tiger1962 said:

Which nvidia graphic card are you using? The minimum for MSFS is a GeForce GTX 770.

For the las two year: Nvidia 1650 with the lowest settings possible and no problem until now, but now that you ask me I wonder if this GPU has something to do with the latest MSFS update requiring more of the GPU power? 

2 hours ago, valero said:

For the las two year: Nvidia 1650 with the lowest settings possible and no problem until now, but now that you ask me I wonder if this GPU has something to do with the latest MSFS update requiring more of the GPU power? 

The GTX1650 4gb should be OK, but do check that the graphics settings haven't been changed by the last update.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have had exactly the same problem for 3 days now. It all started when Nvidia decided to update the G-Force Experience thing. Then I get a crash to desktop after 4 seconds of flight. Moaning about graphics card overheating and drivers and stuff. I updated my Nvidia (RTX 2080i) driver to the latest one. NO DICE. So I uninstalled all the other Nvidia stuff NO DICE.

I have to run it, let it crash, then run it again in safe mode and it runs fine. But that means it takes ages to actually get to fly !

Don't know what to do next. It has run fine until now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnclift said:

Don't know what to do next. It has run fine until now. 

I would revert back to the last working driver. You can download earlier drivers from the nvidia website by doing a manual search: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/drivers/

Ha! I just got the same error with the latest driver, 531.41:

spacer.png

I have now reverted back to version 531.29: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/drivers/results/200226/

Same problem, I have the RTX3070ti with 12gb vram. Open the GeForce Experience app, hover over the MSFS app and select details. select optimize. it'll take of the rest for your vcard then launch MSFS. When its on the main menu page close out to the desk top and restart MSFS and take a flight. Hope this helps you...

Happy ✈️ Flyin

AD Sends

I've had this issue intermittendly with a number of nVidia graphics cards (770, 970, and 1660). I've been using an AMD one for a month or two and haven't had it happen, but it's not been that long so it might still; I'm certainly not saying it AMD is immune.

Scratch that. I just remembered an instance where it happened on the RX5700. I was applying a wicked overclock on it, though, so easily explainable.

Anyway, I would uninstall the drivers with DDU and install the last version that worked well.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

How old is the Video card?

I have a 2060 super in one of my rigs that is only 3 years old. It started giving me overheating issues. I am not sure if this happened to me after a driver update or not though.I took it out and open it it up and found the Thermal paste dried up and the thermal pads brittle. Cleaned with Isopropnol alcohol using cotton swabs and re-appled pads and paste. Point of caution though, the wiring for the fans are short and should be opened gently like a book. I noticed my GPU temps went way down.

There are many videos on how to do this on youtube.

I hope this helps and good luck.

6 hours ago, amberdog1 said:

Same problem, I have the RTX3070ti with 12gb vram. Open the GeForce Experience app, hover over the MSFS app and select details. select optimize. it'll take of the rest for your vcard then launch MSFS. When its on the main menu page close out to the desk top and restart MSFS and take a flight. Hope this helps you...

Happy ✈️ Flyin

AD Sends

I hate to tell you, but this didn't work. I followed your instructions to the letter, and I gave it time, I didn't rush anything. I have a HD indicator light which tells me when the PC is "doing something" and I waited until it had done what it had to do. When I selected MSFS it already had a tick box in optimisation. It said it was already optimised. I came out of MSFS like you said. I even restarted the machine. But when running the program again, it only lasted 1 minute.

20 minutes ago, johnclift said:

This can't be a driver problem can it ? I have been using RTX2080i driver 522.25 for 5 months with no problems. Ah maybe the NEW driver Nvidia installed might be the problem ?

I'm afraid it can be.  Nvidia and other vendors aren't always thoughtful about users with older cards when releasing new drivers.  Like the others said, uninstall the current drivers using DDU and install the last drivers that still worked.

It's not an exact science...

Jan

Intel i7 9700K @ 5.4 GHz, be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard, VGA RTX 3080 TI Graphics Card, Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PCIe M.2 😄 drive
Western Digital 2TB WD Black Data drive, be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

20 hours ago, johnclift said:

This can't be a driver problem can it ? I have been using RTX2080i driver 522.25 for 5 months with no problems. Ah maybe the NEW driver Nvidia installed might be the problem ?

This is exactly where I think the problem comes from. I don't know but maybe Nvidia is trying to force me to upgrade my card?  (no money) 

1 hour ago, LarsBot said:

You need to do a clean install of the Nvida drivers. This solved the issue for me after the most recent update.

1. I removed the new Nvidia update and re-installed the old one, Nothing.

2. I did a removed and clean install of Nvidia update and nothing.

3. I removed MSFS and re-installed it. Nothing.

4. Finally I did the dread it "remove and re-install windows 10" and re-installed ALL my software, and still, I get the same error....