The latest update success

Just wanted to mention that once again the sim update went flawlessly yesterday. This was one was rather large, but even with the 16 updates I also needed in the Content Manager it was completed in about 45 minutes without issue. So thanks Asobo/Microsoft. FWIW I bought my Deluxe version from the MS Store.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

35 minutes ago, Skitt2050 said:

I second your comments. I got mine done this morning and it was flawless!

Mine was effortless as well 🙂  

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I hate to be a wet blanket, especially since this is the first time I have had a problem with an update, and even more especially because it's probably my fault.

I launched the sim this morning and was taken to an update screen.  It said it was downloading the update, but everything was zeroes: download speed, progress, etc.  I waited for some time, probably not long enough, and paused the update download.  Then I couldn't get it to restart.  I closed the download/update window and that shut down the game entirely.

When I tried again to launch the sim, from either the taskbar or my library in the Microsoft store, it takes me to a screen called "Gaming Services" in the Microsoft Store.  I haven't figured out that I can do anything from that screen.  Based on some information in the reviews of the Gaming Services app and an official Microsoft help site, I repaired Gaming Services, reset Gaming Services, and uninstalled and re-installed it, rebooting each time.  It didn't help.

Maybe someone here has a suggestion.  I bought the premium edition in the Microsoft Store when it was first released and have routinely updated it each time without problems.

Windows 11 home, 32GB RAM, Intel i9-10980HK running at 2.4GHz.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super