Flight Velocity Trim Wheel Pro Problem

Jim Hall

When slowly turning the trim wheel the movement jumps a level up or down instead of a smooth continuous movement. The same at various sensitivities and nulls. Is this a characteristic of this wheel?   

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

13 minutes ago, Jim Hall said:

movement jumps a level up or down instead of a smooth continuous movement

Is this happening with all aircraft or just certain ones? I have seen this occurrence with other trim methods but only on specific aircraft, which might be how their flight dynamics are set up.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Much obliged Phrog. I tried three different airplanes and all stepped in movement. I then replaced the newer Flight Velocity Pro with the old Saitek trim wheel and got pure, sweet, and smooth movement. These are two different wheels with different components. Maybe the Pro was made for FS2020? One more thing to remember.

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

On 2/26/2023 at 3:12 PM, Jim Hall said:

When slowly turning the trim wheel the movement jumps a level up or down instead of a smooth continuous movement. The same at various sensitivities and nulls. Is this a characteristic of this wheel?   

Assuming you have the older version, it looks like you need to change settings in aircraft.cfg to adjust it for different aircraft. Look at the bottom of this page for the specifics. If you have the later version, it looks like it works differently.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Thank you, Mark.