Loaded Flight Settings

Jim Hall

When a flight is selected from saved flights are the settings current or from the time of the save?

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Thank you Mr. Zippy. That would mean that since the "save" any improvements to the various settings to make the plane fly more smoothly would not apply and you would have to accept the old settings, or at least those that were saved. Perhaps it's best that after fine tuning settings over a period of time to delete all previous "saved" flights and go with new ones. (I assume they never fixed the "Delete Flight" bug and you have to still do it through the Documents). 

Does the same go for "Saved Flight Plans"?

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

• 4 weeks later...

what about this

I'm looking for some help in configuring FSX so I have both decent looks and +- 30 FPS. Note that I do have REX 4, OrbX Global and Vectors installed and I mostly fly the PMDG 737NGX. However, I'm getting ridiculously low FPS and I have no idea why, since I think my rig is pretty good (not a beast, though). So, if any of you could have a look at my rig and help me out, I'd be really greatful.

CPU: i5 4570 3.2 gHz

GPU: XFX Radeon HD7870 2GB

RAM: A-Data 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte H87-HD3

PSU (if any OC will be necessary): Pure Power L8 600W

Not trying to push another site, but maybe take a look at the Basic FSX Configuration Guide as a start.

In any event you've already got a challenge with the PMDG 737NGX.  It's a pretty FPS intensive aircraft   

I would start by optimizing my settings.  the guide should help that process.  Additionally, reduce or eliminate AI if you're running it.   Reduce your graphic settings.  Maybe uninstall Vector and see if that gives you back some FPS.  Make sure that you are not using 2048 textures with REX 4 and maybe experiment with 512 where possible to see if that helps.    Avoid texture intensive airports such as FSDreamteam, FlyTampa, Flightbeam, etc.   

The reality is that given your specs and the desire to fly the PMDG you may never experience a consistent ~30 FPS experience.  However, you should be able to get something pretty smooth, with optimization and a few sacrifices.

I have the iFl7 737, REX Textures, AS16, OrbX Global, Orbx Trees, OrbX Buildings, plus some of the airports I mentioned above and get ~30 FPS, but not always, but it took a while to get there for me. 

Good luck..

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

30 minutes ago, airernie said:

This has been a solid reference since first developed in 2013. and has been updated.

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.