Can't Get Saitek Trim Wheel to Bind

Firstly, I need to say I'm a veteran flightsimmer, and the ridiculous "Trust" garbage on the flightsimulator.com forum is absolutely nuts.  I just want to get a simple answer to my questions.

ISSUE

I have returned to MSFS2020 after a long hiatus.  I managed to get much of my basic controls to bind as I would like.

But,

1. My Proflight Cessna Trim Wheel shows in the list of Controlling Options and when I tested the drop-down choices one appeared to work, Joystick L-Axis X...however going back to the sim, it does not work.

- I tried a myriad of variations, nothing works, I know the wheel works perfectly in XP11 and XP12.

- I looked it up in Device Manage, HID devices, and it is not listed

- I went and got new drivers and installed, shut down, rebooted, and launched MSFS and no joy.

- I have no idea how to bind the trim wheel, which I rely on heavily when flying and hate to look down and mouse trim movements.

ANYONE, know how to bind a Saitek Trim Wheel?

2. I can't get my sim to recognize the Multi Switch Panel.  Not one aspect of this panel works, it is not listed in the Device manager and I reinstalled the most recent drivers. Of course its getting power.

- when I switch to XP, every aspect of this panel works perfectly

ANYONE, know how to get this panel recognized and functioning in MSFS?

Trying to get this sim to work for me has been frustrating to the extreme.

RESOLVED #1 - Still don't have anything on Multi Switch Panel

Finally, had to make a new account at flightsimulation.com, why I don't know.  Then I had to spend a ridiculous amount of time reading posts and such before it would allow me to post.  I made a post and it found a similar post.  Turns out I had to make a new profile for the Wheel for it to work, the other profiles would not work, for what reason I do not know.  It's a strange sim.

Alas, after several tries I got mine to bind by the new profile method described above but when I tried to use it my plane went into an unrecoverable dive. A year ago I left MS2020 thinking to try this new flight simulator again in 2023 thinking the bugs would have been worked out. I could not get my controllers to work smoothly--no matter how expertly done-- and funny things happened out of the blue, no pun intended, that together with the lack of the steam instruments Cessna 172 and despite the siren call of the graphics has compelled me to fall back on FSX that most dear and loyal friend. I'll try again in 2024 ever the optimist.

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

On 2/17/2023 at 11:19 AM, Jim Hall said:

Alas, after several tries I got mine to bind by the new profile method described above but when I tried to use it my plane went into an unrecoverable dive. A year ago I left MS2020 thinking to try this new flight simulator again in 2023 thinking the bugs would have been worked out. I could not get my controllers to work smoothly--no matter how expertly done-- and funny things happened out of the blue, no pun intended, that together with the lack of the steam instruments Cessna 172 and despite the siren call of the graphics has compelled me to fall back on FSX that most dear and loyal friend. I'll try again in 2024 ever the optimist.

This was my experience.  While I am an avid XP11 now XP12 flyer as well I went totally to XP.  MSFS has advanced fairly well, and many of the problems have solutions to I have recently dived into that sim.  There are still bugs but I am enjoying much of the sim.  If we could only port over the glorious planes from XP and the 3-D trees that show weather, wind and such... that would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

During a pause in flying FSX I updated my MS2020 and for the heck of it and tried my older Saitek Trim Wheel, again, the major turn-off for not flying STEAM MS2020 and it worked beautifully--first time ever. As my philosophy to FlightSim is, "Ours is not to reason why, but just to do and fly", I now soldier on trying to decide whether or not to upgrade my subscription to get the steam gages on the Cessna 172, the second major turn-off. With steam gages, a glance is all I need for information; with the glass cockpit I need to squint and search for the tiny numbers and then try to regain my situational awareness when I look back up. Now I have to go back to the previous posts to find out if I should upgrade in the store here or some other way. I value ease of transition over the money actually. Seems every change leads to many time consuming and frustrating problems. Many thanks to those here who ask questions and for those who patiently answer them. 

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

5 hours ago, Jim Hall said:

with the glass cockpit I need to squint and search for the tiny numbers and then try to regain my situational awareness when I look back up.

I use the zoom functions: keyboard Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+9. It's like having 2D pop-up windows in FS9/FSX, but instead you zoom in to the actual panel in the VC - it's one of the best things about MSFS. When you zoom in to one of the Garmin panels, you still have situational awareness via the on-screen map!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 9:56 AM, tiger1962 said:

I use the zoom functions: keyboard Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+9. It's like having 2D pop-up windows in FS9/FSX, but instead you zoom in to the actual panel in the VC - it's one of the best things about MSFS. When you zoom in to one of the Garmin panels, you still have situational awareness via the on-screen map!

Yes, I learned this as well, so for each plane I program Ctrl+# so that I can quickly jump to necessary views, it works well once you get use to it.  The pop out feature of MSFS isn't very good, unfortunately, it's an area they should work on.  Many of us use multiple monitors and like very much to place large sized gauges on  a second monitor for instance.

15 minutes ago, btwallis said:

Many of us use multiple monitors and like very much to place large sized gauges on  a second monitor for instance.

Have you tried Pop Out Panel Manager: https://github.com/hawkeye-stan/msfs-popout-panel-manager

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64