Carenado PA28-181 Archer II

• Founder

I just saw this morning that Carenado has released their PA28-181 Archer II for MSFS 2020, so for me this was a must have. I really wish they would sell their planes through stores like the FlightSim.Com store but they only sell through the Marketplace so I used that for the first time, finding the experience much more difficult that I would have expected. Eventually I actually did get a working airplane and took it for a first flight.

Being intimately familiar with the plane I just hopped in, did the normal start-up procedure which worked just as it should, and did a flight between two very familiar airports, KOWD and KORE. The experience was remarkably familiar and the plane handled quite well.

My comparison is of course the classic DreamFleet Archer from the FS2002 era, where that is actually me in the pilot's seat:

dreamfleet-archer-fs2002.jpg

So here we are flying over Mount Wachusett in central Massachusetts:

carenado-pa28-181-mt-wachusett.jpg

The "interior views" are far more adjustable than the default planes I've tried, giving some interesting view points!

carenado-pa28-181-cockpit-view-2.jpg

carenado-pa28-181-cockpit-view-1.jpg

I finally made a nice landing on runway 14 at KORE:

carenado-pa28-181-landing-kore.jpg

Looks like I'll be putting plenty of hours on this one.

Very cool Nels, and the livery is almost identical too!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• Founder
1 hour ago, NMLW said:

A refreshing set of alternate views Nels and they look great in FS2020! 😃

Yes, I thought this was really clever for something so simple. The usual cockpit views don't move very far, but in this plane you can go out on the wings or above or below the fuselage. Makes for some interesting perspectives!