Tampa Approach

BillD22

A Cirrus Vision Jet SF50 G2 on the ILS 1L approach at Tampa International (KTPA). This airplane is way too much fun!!:D:cool::pilot:

Cleared to land.

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

Passing McDill Air Force Base off the right wing.

T3.jpg

On glideslope and localizer. The PFD is showing a 10-knot 45-degree right crosswind.

T4.jpg

The tall buildings of downtown Tampa are visible in the distance.

T5.jpg

Rolling out with the windsock showing the crosswind.

T6.jpg

On the ramp. Welcome to sunny Tampa! Thanks for coming along.

T8.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Great shots of the Tampa area!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Fine work with the approach shots of your Cirrus Vision Bill. :cool: :cool: You're really racking up some flight time with this bird. :D

Thanks, Jan, Jason, Darren & Larry - the Vision Jet has become my go-to FS airplane! It has outstanding flight and systems modeling. :cool::pilot:

I can see why it's a best-seller in the light jet RW market.

Edited by BillD22

Thanks, Jan, Jason, Darren & Larry - the Vision Jet has become my go-to FS airplane! It has outstanding flight and systems modeling. :cool::pilot:

I can see why it's a best-seller in the light jet RW market.

I agree! Beautiful shots!

As to being a RW best seller issue, their "Get me home if incapacitated feature" is apparently the best version currently available for the single pilot market. And lots of spouses have decided to let their honey buy a new plane if it includes that very important to them safety feature!

In a car if the driver passes out or is otherwise disabled, the crash is almost instant. So frankly we don't give it much thought. There's little if anything we can do to change it

In an aircraft if the only pilot is incapacitated it make take many minutes for the crash and innocent deaths to occur. I've talked to a lot of reluctant GA passengers who fear the long long time it might take them to have that expected crash.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.