Aerosoft CRJ 900

Has anyone been able to "tame" the flight dynamics of this aircraft at takeoff? On rotation, it jumps up to 10 degrees pitch and then stops and I have to pull back hard on the yoke and add a lot more up trim. Trying to get help from AS is a waste of time.

Trevor

Have you tried their CRJ forums: One response to this question came from the developer himself:

"At low speeds the required movement of the yoke is significant and gives you a fine control. Look at the total travel and the the range you need. You may find confirmations on this with many cockpit videos. At high speed the controls become very stiff from the aerodynamic forces on the control surfaces. If you would fly it manually, which is unusual and often even forbidden by company policy, you put force on the yoke and would hardly see a movement. That sensitive they get. So you control by pressure not deflection. AS our controls cannot build up such forces, I just designed them more sensitive but still controllable with our input devices. Hope that helps."

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Very far from an expert on anything piloting related... but i seem to recall that there is a specific trim setting for takeoff in many planes. And big heavy or high performance planes have different takeoff trim settings for different takeoff weights. Meaning if you have partial cargo and partial fuel at takeoff, you'd possibly select a different trim setting, than if at max gross weight.

You probably knew that already, but figured mentioning it for new virtual aviators!!