Rainy day in Manchester UK..... ultrawide......

Just finished setting up the RTX3090 TI Suprim..... Had lots of issues with G2 VR but sorted that now needed an Active 8K DisplayPort Repeater, DisplayPort 1.4 and DP cable to make the VR work.... All is good now and never has MSFS2020 looked so good.... After many upgrades and a few thousand's spent I'm now happy with the results!!!!!! will be posting more as the week passes!

Rain-at-Manchester.png

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Congrats David, can you explain a little if the devices you mention are needed because it is a G2 or will they say improve a Quest2 as well, my Quest2 works great but resolution is probably inferior to G2. But I am lost technically on these areas. "Active 8K DisplayPort Repeater, DisplayPort 1.4 " what exactly do they do and again is that G2 specific?

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

thanks guy's did you notice the double parked planes ha that was my fault.... Edited by daspinall

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Congrats David, can you explain a little if the devices you mention are needed because it is a G2 or will they say improve a Quest2 as well, my Quest2 works great but resolution is probably inferior to G2. But I am lost technically on these areas. "Active 8K DisplayPort Repeater, DisplayPort 1.4 " what exactly do they do and again is that G2 specific?

It a work around for the RTX3090 TI only (as far as I know) "NVIDIA has identified a DisplayPort connectivity issue between certain VR headsets and our GeForce RTX 3090 Ti:

Oculus Rift S

HP Reverb G2 (with G2 cable) and HP Reverb G2 Omnicept Edition (HP Reverb with G1 cable is not affected)

Pimax 8K X DIMAX

Pimax 5K Plus "

when you first attach the G2 to the rtx3090 ti it will not work because of a display port connectivity issue (and we don't know what the issue is!) so the repeater and extra cable is needed to get the signal to the head set..... It works very well indeed however no sign of nvidia are sorting it out! It would not work for Quest sorry....

But hey it's worth a try...... link to the repeater....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-Amplifier-Resolution/dp/B07D949F59/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1G1SY1NHWOG0R&keywords=Cable+Matters+repeater&qid=1666368167&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjk4IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=cable+matters+repeater%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-2

DP Cable (I only needed the 1m one) Link https://www.amazon.co.uk/KabelDirekt-DisplayPort-version-certified-supports/dp/B07HL7RSRW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=MHCBGTXFOXIL&keywords=KabelDirekt+-+8K+DisplayPort+%26+DP+cable&qid=1666368282&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjc0IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=kabeldirekt+-+8k+displayport+%26+dp+cable%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-3

You insert the cable into the repeater from the GPU, then the VR cable in the other end of the repeater... the repeater is powered by the USB cable supplied

TIP if no signal unplug the USB power to the repeater then reinsert it all will be fine...... took hours to work that bit out lol

Edited by daspinall

thanks guy's did you notice the double parked planes ha that was my fault....

Yeah,

Even with the heavy rain I noticed. My first thought was maybe the smaller plane was the larger one's Joey.

Nice shot either way.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.