No Auto pilot access

I turned off MSFS 2020 in the spring because it had so many problems with the aircraft. Tried again now that winter is nigh & downloaded the latest version update so now have 1.27.21.0. Regrettably it seems more of the same, constant downloads of new scenery but aircraft certainly the big iron not flyable. Now its impossible to set the autopilot from the mouse. On the BA-787 for example though they are all the same the control knob brightens but the settings cannot be incremented plus the Autopilot & Auto Throttle cannot be activated. Even in the air neither can be activated. In short things are now worse. In desperation I tried the Kbd settings a few like the FD work but not the main AP controls. In short things now are worse. Developer mode is OFF that used to produce odd results if ON.. So what am I missing here? I can't believe I am the only one with this problem yet there is nothing on the MS flight sim page about this.

Hello. I had the same problem. I could not figure out the autopilot on my own after several tries. In this case, you must watch a few Youtube autopilot tutorials. They will teach you that the sim has a certain sequence to make the autopilot work. The GA aircraft pretty much have the same sequence but the jets like the 787 and the 320Neo have an added bonus of an extra step or two including throttle settings. Once you memorize that sequence then you should be good to go. The CJ4 is a pleasure to fly but it does not have speed control. Manual only. Just an FYI on that.

Thank you for your help mqytn. Sorry to say no one else responded to date. I took your advice & flew two successful landings at KPHL with the BA-787 but with AI on in all modes. Formerly I used the Autopilot panel & mouse to adjust the IAS during the approach. Now it remains at 200 kts the initial setting not surprising I suppose because you cannot activate the AP. You can activate the Auto Throttle but cannot change the IAS.There are no current Youtube or other help pages on the AP usage for this or the other jets. It seems to me it has been disabled completely. There were complaints about it previously so perhaps Asobo has given up. This 'game' is a strange one with superb scenery but with the core aircraft functions inoperative in my case anyway.

That’s why I downloaded and committed myself to learning the FBW A320.

Much better than default. Everything works as it should, including the AP.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

So what am I missing here? I can't believe I am the only one with this problem yet there is nothing on the MS flight sim page about this.

It's your mouse settings. In the sim, go to Options> General options> Accessibility> Cockpit interaction system> Change the setting to LEGACY:

Mouse.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

That is fantastic & worked perfectly. I have no idea how that was changed may an update set it to a defalt. I don't recall ever setting it to "Legacy" What a delight to see the AP engage & the arrows pop up to enable the settings.

Thank you so much.

Sometimes during an update, some settings will get changed. Does not happen all the time, but occasionally :)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality