Hi all.

I don't know what has hapenned since update 10, but my ancient computer has a new lease of life.

SPEC: I5 3570k OC 4.3mhz, GTX970, 3200mhz 16Gb ram, 1TB HDD, 30mbs internet, 43" TV with a 32" monitor

Unfortunately due to ill health I have not had the funds to upgrade my computer, but since my son bought me MSFS 2020 and I have now completed 650 hours flying with it, the latest update has been brilliant.

Firstly, every upgrade I have been fortunate to not have CTD's, the only problem i encounterd was the USB disconnect and that is now sorted.

I have spent hours getting the best out of my ancient system, but as I said, this latest update and DX12 is amazing.

My settings are 1920x1080 with game settings at medium preset with 16X antisotropic. clouds set to high. TLOD 100 and OLD 100.

I have found this the best setting and I am achieving 30fps at airports such as KSFO, KLAX and the enhanced MSFS airports. I fly mostly GA along with the Citation Longitude.

It's not 100% perfect I get stutters when coming into land but not enough to stop my enjoyment, but moving about the airports are smooth aswell as takeoffs and cruise.

DX12 has made a big difference to my flying experience.Just did a TBM flight from KVNY to KHAF. The clouds and scenery absolutely stunning and a very smooth flight.

I follow the threads on the forums and the amount of people with high end systems who get FPS problems is amazing.

Don't know why my system keeps performing, maybe because I know and have experimented with all combinations and settings to make sure all my components run in sync.

Good news though I will be upgrading to a new computer this time next year, I hope Asobo do not mess any future upgrades for performance as I am thoroughly enjoying the sim at the moment.

i5 3570k oc @ 4.3ghz, 16gb DDR3 Ram, 1TB HDD, GTX 970, 43" 4K Hisense TV , Logitech Yoke and Rudder, Logitech Flight panels.

Good news, I had to check my system and Google. DX12 is built in to Windows 11, so my latest Windows upgrade must have given me the capability/features it offers?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

..., so my latest Windows upgrade must have given me the capability/features it offers?
Have you installed the latest 22H2 update of Windows 11? If so, is it running OK? I have seen elsewhere that it causes MSFS to CTD.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.