Default in FSX

pbhead

How do I change the default on my FSX. At the moment every time I start FSX I am flying over somewhere and I have to end flight to get back to the opening screen. How do set it up so that it always opens at say EGKK for argument sake.

Welcome to the forum! What you want is a new default flight, something other than the Air Trike flying over Friday harbor. Do you want your aircraft to start at a gate at EGKK with engines and electrical off? That's called cold and dark.

1. Choose an aircraft like the default 172 or Barron58 and choose your airport(EGKK) and a gate or ramp starting spot.

2. Shut down the engines, turn off the lights, LEAVE the AVIONICS switch ON! Set the parking brake.

3. Hit semicolon ; and label the flight as default cold and dark.

4. Put a check mark in the box to 'Save as Default Flight" and exit.

All flights in any aircraft, at any airport will now start in this condition.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sounds as if, when you start fsx, you do not get the menu, but a flight starts right away.

To see the opening menu, where you can set up the flight, on startup:

press 'alt' to see the menu bar. Click options, settings, general. Put a check mark in: 'show opening screen'.

Enjoy, il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with IL88. When you end FSX in menu mode, it starts in menu mode which gives you a lot of choices how you start your flight. Pressing Escape key at the end of your flight is one way to get there.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived