ESC button/ Home Page

Hi everyone this just started 2 days ago, when u are running the flight sim and u hit the escape button it brings u back to home page right well my esc button wont do it no more and the only way for me to get out of running flight sim i got to close the game completely the button is working i can go back from anywere else except in running mode!! Any idea what happen????

Thanks

windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Anyone have any clue cause this is really terrible everytime i need to go back to main menue during flight i got to close msfs and reload it !!!!
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Could the Escape button be mapped to something else? Not saying you remapped it, but perhaps something you might have installed remapped it?? Just throwing it out there :)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

so the keyboard is not broke the esc key works fine whats crazy is anywere else with in mfs the esc button brings u back every other page, its only when your actually flying i can not go back thats it just there !!! weird i will check mapping but it does not do anything else in flying mode.

so the keyboard is not broke the esc key works fine whats crazy is anywere else with in mfs the esc button brings u back every other page, its only when your actually flying i can not go back thats it just there !!! weird i will check mapping but it does not do anything else in flying mode.

Does it do it with ALL AC? And have you added any new mods??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

yes all aircraft and i wasnt on for a month or 2 and i just did what ever upgrade was standard again so weird only does it when i am flying and stinks cause to stop flying i have to x out the game and reboot it to get to main menu and comes up to start in safe mode cause it was not shut down right!!

not sure if this helps but its like i locked the flying part like so no one can exit to the menu .... just things popping in my head!!

I've been having the same/similar problem for the last month or so. After flying I press 'Esc', the 'back to menu & Continue' buttons show appear. When I press to go back to menu it just sits there. This also happens when I press the quit button when trying to shut down the program. I have to stop the program with the task manager to return to the desktop.

Now the flight simulator won't even start. It says 'Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc' with 'Continue' or 'Quit' as my only options. Anyone else experienced this?

no i cant get that far, what u just said how u press esc and the back to menu and continue appears mine does not appear when i hit the esc button nothing happens but only then when in flight any!!!! other place in fs the esc is working its like i or it got disabled but only when flying its crazy and driving me crazy!!!!!maybe this started as i stated above i did not log on for a month or so and when i did log on the other day it automatically installed any needed updates, BUT also i downloaded "MAVERICK' !!! maybe that did it !!!!??? I am going to have to knock out MAVERICK!!!! lol he knows i fly better then him and i never never ever leave my WINGMAN!!

Now the flight simulator won't even start. It says 'Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc' with 'Continue' or 'Quit' as my only options. Anyone else experienced this?

I've had this happen after an upgrade. If I remember correctly (always dangerous), I logged out completely from the Store, rebooted, and went back in. I do know that you are not alone and that there are a LOT of solutions offered by different people on the MSFS forums. Perhaps one of them might be able to assist if what I wrote does not work.

If you do go there and what someone else suggested works, please let us know the solution so we can help the next person :)

I just checked my settings under control option, Keyboard. Ensure that the Esc key is mapped to Toggle Pause. Perhaps you could assign another key or combo of key to do that??

OMG !!!!! I GOT IT WORKING !!!!!!!!! the happiest person on here!!! lol So like u said its good to just keep talking about things so just now reading your post i went to control options and keyboard so i noticed my keyboard have a saved profile r it said i dont know how that happen but i set it to default and went back in and yes it fixed it the esc button is now doing what it was suppose to!!!! Thanks david if u were here i would cook u 20 pounds of pasta !!! lol i am italian from brooklyn so we give thanks with pasta and meatballs!!! lol

Lol, that is good to hear :)

I am happy I was of some assistance. I know how frustrating it can be trying to get this sim to work (when it was working). I have received a lot of help from this forum and was happy I assist you.

And the pasta does sound good :)