Aircraft display problems-new laptop

Propwash

I'm having a problem with display of aircraft in FSX. I recently found it necessary to replace my old laptop, so I bought a Dell Inspiron 16 model 7610. In order to have aircraft display properly, I need to keep bouncing between Preview DirectX 10 on or off. Some airplanes display perfectly and others will show only a shadow on the ground or only some parts of the plane or the plane will show as completely white, devoid of any texture. Has anybody other than me had or is having this problem? DirectX should be backwards compatible. It's possible that I need to change the video card settings, but don't have any idea where to start. The specs of my system are:

Dell Inspiron 16 model 7610

Windows 11 Home 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

Display Mem= 6Mb

System Mem-32Mb

Version of DirectX is 12 Ultimate

I have considered switching to MSFS2020, but I like the variety of aircraft available in FSX, also, I have a sizeable investment in scenery. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks

DirectX 10 mode is a preview only, because DirectX 10 wasn't available when FSX was launched.

To use DirectX 10 mode properly you'll need Steve's DX10 scenery fixer and his cloud shadows app, available from here: https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I did not know about DX10 scenery fixer. I will check it out but to be clear, my scenery works fine. With the new laptop, checking the DX10 preview button on or off is the only way I can see some of my airplanes, for example, the ProjectOpensky B747-400 (BCF), sim "Boeing747-400BCF-GE-ProjectOpensky.air", model "OSX744BCFV4_CF6-80.MDL" will display only when DX10 Preview is checked on. If off, I will see only a few parts of the airplane or when on the ground, just a shadow. It should not be this way. There is a problem somewhere, I just can't figure out where. Maybe I'm missing something.

The textures on these aircraft are probably in DXT format which only displays fully in DX10, DX9 can only display BMP format textures. So you need DX10 Scenery fixer for all display textures, not just scenery.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

To Top Gun, thanks for your interest but after hearing from Tiger1962 I purchased DX10 Scenery fixer. It seems to have fixed my problem. Only reason I was curious about dxtbmp was I like to experiment and get my hands dirty (so to speak).