North American P-51 B Model

I've always been a fan of the P-51B, but this model looks a bit simplistic for my taste, and that paintscheme is also not too high on my wishlist. However, there is always the (payware) P-51B by Warbirdsim, made by P-51 guru John Terrell, for which I made quite a few repaints. Here's a few of my favorites:

50682103886_9a6178289e_k.jpgjk9252 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

50645763797_8b823032b1_k.jpgjk8914 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

43419421182_9dcdde4cc4_h.jpgpatty166 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

43818475771_66a20bb39f_h.jpgE2106 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

JK - Simplistic, you say? Payware? When I find something worth sharing in both my computer or on this flight sim forum, my criteria is not weather it's pretty or it cost me anything to be able to share with others. Below is a P-51B that is not going to win any beauty contests or cost me anything to have it for my own use! My criteria is, does it fly the way it should, and if I can't fix any short comings the developer might have left, it WILL GO to file 13 regardless of how pretty it is! It may not look pretty to you, but, I can see a lot of potential in it as a keeper, not just yet, though! When the time comes for me to consider it a keeper, it will still look the same, and I have not a dime into having it. But, it will be fine, as long as it flies the way it should! And, JK, I do appreciate your opinion just the same! :rolleyes:

2022-4-16_15-54-43-238.jpg

Rick :cool:

Sometimes I like the worn beat up look over the nice shiny models, they look more real. I know at air shows we get the old aircraft that have been looked after and are nice and shiny but there are times when that shoddy looking AC is your pride and joy.

Col.