David Maltby's Hawker Siddley Trident won't show up in FSX no matter what I do

fraroc

Did you try this

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/17586/fsx-hawker-siddeley-trident-2-and-3-update/

Also i seem to remember the cockpits were seperate downloads??

I did have it installed a while back but didnt replace it after a reinstall so it definitely works in FSX

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Did you try this

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/17586/fsx-hawker-siddeley-trident-2-and-3-update/

Also i seem to remember the cockpits were seperate downloads??

I did have it installed a while back but didnt replace it after a reinstall so it definitely works in FSX

I downloaded the update, installed it and it STILL won't work! What am I doing wrong? I've NEVER had this problem before.

Not wishing to insult your intelligence but it doesn't naturally install to the directory your sim location\FSX\SimObjects. But instead will go to your sim location\FSX\Aircraft. AN easy overlook to make as I've done it myself. Can be resolved by dragging and dropping the files from into another or as I do with older aircraft, create a listing in the [Main] section of the FSX.cfg file to reflect non standard installs. my example is this :- [Main]

DisablePreload=1

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft

SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects

SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\HJG

SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\MAIW

SimObjectPaths.11=SimObjects\FS2004

SimObjectPaths.12=SimObjects\Testing

Seriously, I've downloaded every single FSX update file and no matter what I do IT STILL WONT SHOW UP Can somebody please help me or direct me to a Hawker Siddley Trident freeware download that actually works??

This is where I downloaded it from

https://simviation.com/hjg/aircraft2/dmhst/trident.htm

This got me intrigued, so I downloaded both the Base Package and the updated FDE. Installed the Base folder into the Airplanes folder, and I also did not see the aircraft in the FSX menu. I then checked both the panel and sound folders and found they were aliased folders to DMFS Shared Files that were evidently not part of the Base Package. You need these Shared Files to complete the panel and sound folders and until they are present in each folder, the aircraft will not show in FSX. Where to find them is anybody's guess. If you have a 727 in your Airplanes folder, copy/paste both the panel and sound folders from the 727 to the Trident folder and see if the aircraft shows up. Be sure you also have the needed gauges from the 727 panel installed as well. It worked for me.

The panels and sounds are on this page: https://simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and click on both of the Trident links next to PANELS + corefiles and SOUNDS.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Seriously, I've downloaded every single FSX update file and no matter what I do IT STILL WONT SHOW UP Can somebody please help me or direct me to a Hawker Siddley Trident freeware download that actually works??

This is where I downloaded it from

https://simviation.com/hjg/aircraft2/dmhst/trident.htm

I re installed my Trident for this thread and it works perfectly.

It is from a Ricardo conversion of DM MS 2004 to FSX and is a one click install into /Airplanes.

He also converted the othe DM aircraft.

You'd do better to post this query at HJG since that's where most of the DMFS support is now provided (it's awkward to try'n offer support on more than one forum), but, in doing so you also need to state "precisely what you've done, step-by-step, in order to install everything".

The principle DMFS aircraft base pack files remain as originally compiled by DM .... "AUTO-INSTALLERS" .... HJG have altered nothing in this regard. The only exception to this rule is the "NEW" TRIDENT 1C, -1E, SUPER 3B, and SUPER VC10 1154 base packs which are manual installers compiled by HJG and in accordance with established DMFS installation protocols

In the case of FSX a "manual install" is encouraged though .... since the DMFS auto-installer process is engineered in favor of FS2004.

Again you need to state you case at HJG .... but briefly .... the following applies (as already hinted by "ANAISMITH") ....

You need to ensure you have a "DMFS Shared Files" folder created inside your Sim Objects folder (I think it is in FSX) and into which both Panels and Sounds are each installed.

The CFG's, inside default Panel and Sound folders accompanying the base pack, are each aliased to the said DMFS Shared Files folder .... so .... if you don't have the above recommended configuration, then, it's likely you'll be confronted with an FSX "No Show" .... by virtue of the fact the simulation can't find the files it needs in order for the simulation to be displayed.

Also .... you need to open the "Replacement Files For FSX" folder (inside each panel folder) and copy & paste its contents (usually a single file and an FSX specific PANEL CFG .... from memory) inside each principal Panel folder and overwrite the FS9 files there by the same name.

That is how DM compiled everything .... nothing has changed.

MRC

Edited by aerofoto

I hasten to add ....

HJG have recently fixed all known issues associated with each of the original DMFS panels (primarily APU and engine startup faults), and have added a few extra details not previously included as well as making each of these panel FSX portable too .... whilst at the same time ensuring the look, and functionality, of each DMFS panel remains "COMPLETELY UNCHANGED".

These updates were released last December (2021).

The "ORIENTATION NOTES" .... within following the linked HJG announcement .... clarify some of the applied updates/improvements ....

https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/10055/website-update-december-20th-2021

A suit of FDE improvements (for the TRIDENT's, and VC10's only at this stage) were also released by HJG last December .... along with Benoit PLAMONDON's "NEWEST" (2021 produced and HJG exclusive) sound packs for the DMFS BAC ONE-ELEVEN, DH COMET, HS TRIDENT, and VC10/SUPER VC10/C1K and which have been "customized" for each of these simulations .... as explained within the above-linked thread.

MRC

Edited by aerofoto

This is what fixed it ....

.... The panels and sounds are on this page: https://simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and click on both of the Trident links next to PANELS + corefiles and SOUNDS.

That figures because the DMFS simulations are (and have always been) provided as "separate aircraft base pack, panel, and sound pack folders" .... with their panel and sound folders aliased outside the base packs. If the base pack sub folder "aliasing process" can't find a panel or sound folder according to where it's directed (due to installation errors or these other assignments being non-existent), then, the entire simulation simply "IS NOT" going to be displayed by FSX.

In the case of updated files mentioned earlier within this thread. The updates provided by HJG should only be used with the DMFS file versions offered by HJG. What HJG offer is the "original/last release version" DMFS aircraft base packs .... with "fixed" panels, both "original and new" sound pack options, and separate FDE updates (for the TRIDENT's and VC10's only at this stage). "DO NOT" apply any of the HJG supplied updates to other updated versions of the DMFS files though as what HJG offer may not be compatible with other updated versions of these files (and vice-versa). One may end up in a mess trying to do so.

MRC

The panel defo works guys i used to have it installed in FSX a while back so you must be missing a step? If i remember even the autoland worked

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

• 2 years later...

Hi, I installed the Hawker Siddeley Trident and followed all these steps. I am so close- yet just one problem. THERE ARE NO TEXTURES, the aircraft model is fine, the vitual cockpit, It's just all gray and there are no textures. Any fix?