Up to now all my updating has worked flawlessly and I've only read about the problems others had. That all changed this morning with the new update. It was 96% downloaded and showed that it was decompressing the basefiles when the sim closed and went back to my main computer screen. Now when I try to open the sim I get a message that the sim cannot open and I need to go to the windows store for resolution. The store shows the sim updated and gives me the option to open or reinstall. Open takes me back to the can't be opened message and reinstall takes me to some x-box page that does nothing. So it looks like it's finally my turn to have to start all over. I'm now a proud member of the mad-at-asobo club!!

Before you start over, log out of your Microsoft account and your Xbox account then reboot your PC and log back in to both before re-launching the sim.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the comeback, Tim. That I hadn't tried but I did about everything else. Unfortunately, I had done the uninstall before I saw your recommendation. So, don't get to do the flying I had planned today, but I will have a fresh, up-to-date install by tomorrow!!

Well, apparently I caught the bug too. Never had any issues prior but I now get the sim cannot open blue banner message as well. Logged out of Xbox and Microsoft, rebooted logged in and nothing. Says I can try updating by the xbox app but it says only reinstall. I don't understand why it has to be this damn difficult to update software.

Edited to add...

uninstalled on the app, rebooted. Open App installed, gets to 100% and then says it failed at 99%.

They sure do make this a royal PITA

Edited by Disneyflyer

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**