Steering on the ground problem

neilking2706

Notice on a couple of my planes that the steering pulls over to one side or another. In other words, you have to shove the joystick over to keep it straight and if you let go it veers off to one side. On one of said planes, there's a display of the aileron trim and it's showing them misaligned so I don't think it's an issue with differential brakes or thrust. How do I cure this?

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes it is wind related.

I had that problem recently and cured with through FSUIPC, under the winds tab - can't remember exactly the name right now (no FS on this computer) but it mentioned winds while on the ground; checked that box, problem gone.

Joao Paz

Alaskan Winds, L'Air Azur

Notice on a couple of my planes that the steering pulls over to one side or another. In other words, you have to shove the joystick over to keep it straight and if you let go it veers off to one side. On one of said planes, there's a display of the aileron trim and it's showing them misaligned so I don't think it's an issue with differential brakes or thrust. How do I cure this?

I suppose I'm stating the obvious by suggesting you re-calibrate your joystick?

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I've had this problem before as well and it was definately wind direction/strength related. Taking off from the opposite direction on the same runway confirmed this.

I changed the wind direction to come from dead ahead on the runway and re-saved the flight concerned.

Hans

Thanks to those of you who took the trouble to reply.

My first thought was to recalibrate the joystick but that didn't cure it which is why I posted here. Then I noticed the problem wasn't there when I disconnected the j/s and tried to steer with the keyboard. So then I unplugged the j/s and plugged it back in again and the problem was gone!

But thanks again for your suggestions. Appreciate it.

Neil