Goodbye FS9

regwalker7245

Hi,

I might leave my 'full of WOAI, edited airports, approaches, scenery and aircraft' FS9 when I can get an actually finished MSFS2020. Without having to d/l GBs of patches (with some stuff that should've really been in the release) every other week.

That is if I'm still alive... ;)

Regards,

DDP.

@Skywatcher12

Dear Sir, Mr. Mark Daniels!

You wrote:

“Goodbye to the members in this forum. My posts are now under moderation and I have no interest in staying anywhere where I have such restrictions. All the best to all and long live FS9!”

I’m sorry, but I do NOT understand these parts of your sentence:

1. My posts are now under moderation

2. where I have such restrictions

Are you trying to convey that “THIS” entity Flightsim.com, is acting like these CRIMINEL Social Media Outfits like Facebook, TWITTER and the rest of this crap ??

Please reply to my email address, I believe you should still have it because I sent you some files before, but here we go.

Gkcherry11@t-online.de

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Edited by GKKnupper
typo

I purchased MSFS on release but I'm happy to be back to my FSX. I loved FS2004 prior to FSX and it ran so well. I'm going to install it again. Looking at the thread topic, while one man leaves, another man returns. :pilot:

You all know that FS9 was released in July of 2003 - to keep it in prospective, the very first IPhone was released almost exactly four years later. In between, FSX was released in 2006. I actually purchased both of those sims back then.

So I say to all those devotees of FS9 and flip-phones, please keep this info on the QT: It's now 2022...

Since FS9 has continuously evolved. Surprisingly, it also reached the present aviation days with countless addons and improvments! Thanks to all them, which have contributed and still do efforts to keep FS9 flying.

Secondly, FS9 also offers fascinating time travels to the early years of aviation within suitable environments. It's quite more than just flying a Stinson over hyper photorealistic areas. I stronlgy doubt that il wili ever be possible in the future.

I can unterstand, that someone could have a hard time with the quite old-fashioned looking FS9. But there isn't only just one FS world. Of course, at least it requires some imagination, ideas and interest to adapt it to own needs and expectations - as long as it could be done with own possibilities and appropriated tools.

Bernard

You all know that FS9 was released in July of 2003 - to keep it in prospective, the very first IPhone was released almost exactly four years later. In between, FSX was released in 2006. I actually purchased both of those sims back then.

So I say to all those devotees of FS9 and flip-phones, please keep this info on the QT: It's now 2022...

My violin was "released" around 1870 and it is still playing, better each year.

I have a couple of treasured electric guitars "released" in the 70s.

My house I believe is 1940.

My best studio digital reverb is 1982.

The FA-22 Raptor first flown in 1997.

The Statue of Liberty was re-assembled in the US in 1886 and I believe it is still there....

The Golden Gate is 1937 and I believe it is still holding and doing its job.

My humble Wolkswagen Polo is 2007, still works without problem and will bury many of today's pristine electric releases.

And you could go on and on and on.

Age, just by itself, means nothing.

Joao Paz

Alaskan Winds, L'Air Azur

Joaopaz,

I'll bet FS9 on your Commodore 64 still zips right along... :)

lol, wish I had one but no... although my windows PC is dated, that's for sure.

But I just use it for FS, really, my other machines run the latest Linux releases;););)

One question, though: Imagine you had to have heart surgery. Would you prefer having it done in a hospital that had done it solidly for the past 20 years, or on a just opened/released, state of the art, new clinic? ;)

disclaimer: just friendly chat, here. no intention to launch another flame war; this forum is already plagued by it.

Joao Paz

lol, wish I had one but no... although my windows PC is dated, that's for sure.

But I just use it for FS, really, my other machines run the latest Linux releases;););)

One question, though: Imagine you had to have heart surgery. Would you prefer having it done in a hospital that had done it solidly for the past 20 years, or on a just opened/released, state of the art, new clinic? ;)

disclaimer: just friendly chat, here. no intention to launch another flame war; this forum is already plagued by it.

In a new, state of the art clinic. Obviously

I think we're now getting into an area that's called apples and oranges...

So I will end this on my end and say "Whatever floats your boat"

Absolutely.

That was my point exactly when I first replied to your post: it is not an age thing, 2003 versus 2022, it's about your priorities, apples or oranges.

Over and out.

Joao Paz

@Skywatcher12

Dear Sir, Mr. Mark Daniels!

You wrote:

“Goodbye to the members in this forum. My posts are now under moderation and I have no interest in staying anywhere where I have such restrictions. All the best to all and long live FS9!”

I’m sorry, but I do NOT understand these parts of your sentence:

1. My posts are now under moderation

2. where I have such restrictions

Are you trying to convey that “THIS” entity Flightsim.com, is acting like these CRIMINEL Social Media Outfits like Facebook, TWITTER and the rest of this crap ??

Please reply to my email address, I believe you should still have it because I sent you some files before, but here we go.

Gkcherry11@t-online.de

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

I read your post a while ago and thought you were a little over the top with your comments. I will now sincerely apologize and have to state I am very disappointed to see how this site is being run.

There are threads in the FS2004 forum and the MSFS forum which were immediately locked due to negative discussion toward MSFS. In the meantime there is currently a thread running in the MSFS forum commenting against other sims and this is fine? You can state that FSX is clunky, control system is no good but a suggestion that MSFS is clunky results in a locked thread?

I'm with you G. Kirschstein and Mr. Mark Daniels.

There are very clearly double standards here. I've been on this site a few years and always considered regardless of sim choice, flightsim.com would support each member equally. It is not the case. I've found the rules are you can comment against a sim as long as it is not MSFS.

I would like to know if sites like this are now being officially funded by Microsoft? I want no part of it and wish to post somewhere that is independent.

I didn't even see this before making the above post.

Here is another MSFS forum thread, you can say this against FS2004. It's all fine. ;)

Or move threads like that to the FS2004 forum where most people hate MSFS 2020 and would love those threads to validate their use of a 20 year old piece of software. I think these people are seeking attention and are trying to instigate arguments to get our threads shut down rather than trying to find help with a problem.

I am gobsmacked.

Your gobsmacked? Which parts are not true? FS2004 is not 20 year old software? People who love FS2004 also love MSFS 2020 and use it? Or not. And unfortunately, Mark Daniels never entered the MSFS 2020 forum to help anyone. I think he thoroughly enjoyed people's reactions towards his boorish behaviour and he personally got many threads shut down-all on purpose. Many of us in the MSFS 2020 forum have been gobsmacked multiple times when a good thread was going only to have Mark come in and agitate everyone with nothing helpful to add which led to the threads being shut down. Would you rather the negative threads get censored and cancelled into oblivion, Brodie? Or like I suggested and have them moved to the appropriate forum where people can read and enjoy them. I normally don't post anything in the FS2004 forum but you swiped my post from the MSFS 2020 forum and put it here like I was lying about and denigrating FS2004. I wasn't. You can enjoy your flight sim of choice, I don't care. But please, let us enjoy our flight sim of choice also. Edited by kevinfolsom

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

n the future, please do only posts if you have a problem or would like to contribute constructively to keep FS9 still flying. Everything else isn't anything else than hot air. Just live and let live!

Bernard

FYI, there are plenty of camera options in MSFS. One must own the sim to see those. Also, the graphics kill FS2004 out of the box and the graphics of MSFS do not turn to poo poo. Don't believe everything you read here. Finally, MSFS is years ahead of anything FS2004 offers in every other respect. I can show you any screen shots to back up my statements.

Absolutely correct. And be aware that some critics of MSFS have never used the program, believe it or not.