REX 5 Weather

pomak249

Hi guys im looking at getting REX5 for my FSX deluxe installation and have a couple of questions you can maybe enlighten me about? Do i have to be online to use it or will it run offline too? Does it improve the rain effects in FSX? Ie on the windscreen? If not is there a package out there that will?

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I can't answer the REX question, but if it's anything like the weather engine Active Sky 2016 [AS16 (which I use)], then it'll need to be online for constant in real time weather updates. However, AS16 has an offline feature as well. I don't use that mode, and it's been awhile, but I believe you set your from and to and it'll download all weather for those to points or your user inputted route and inject that weather into your Sim as you fly alone that route.

I'm sure REX's website and/or user manual covers all this.

I personally like AS16 because its weather cloud depiction can show up on my weather radar in a PMDG 737NGX or RealityXP weather gauge. That's important because not all weather injection software can do that. It's due to their code and how these gauges read the code. It's not a huge thing for me to see weather radar in the Sim as mundane and useless as it is software side, but it's a nice perk to see loads of red out there so I can fly though it in an F-22. If you fly "as real as it gets", then radar returns are predicated upon routing.

Thanks for that maybe not for me then i was hoping for something thst would add weather textures to the ground too. Im guessing theres nothing like that out there? FSX limitations?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

'To the ground?' The product may have improved clouds, but ground is more of an ORBX thing or Mega product this and thing, etc. Just read what REX's website says about what their product does.

Wrong sim. You will need P3dv5.0+ to have `ground effect`... As CRJ says, you need to read about what REX does in various sims. I can't recall ANY ground effects, short of snow, dependiing on season and actual weather...:pilot::pilot:

Why i said its not for me guys! Having researched there are some addon payware a/c that have there own rain effects windscreen wise. Just a shame there is no ground rain effects as well unless i went to P3D by looks of what you say, sadly cant afford that baby.

Just a shame there is no ground rain effects as well unless i went to P3D by looks of what you say, sadly cant afford that baby.

It's just due to the FSX code. P3D took the code and changed it...

P3D looks better and better over FS2020 if you ask me. It's just that pesky EULA though. I may say machine screw it and tap & die that sucker.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot