Cannot Install FSX On Windows 11

FLYBOY2900

Hello,

I am trying to install FSX on Windows 11. I am using FSX up unitl PMDG releases the 737 for MSFS, which is when I make the switch to MSFS. In the meantime, I am trying to install FSX, but keep getting greeted with a 1722 error at the end of the install, and then a 1603 error saying fatal error during install after it says rolling back action. Any suggestions? I have been stuck on this for a couple days now, trying different solutions like using the Command Prompt, making sure the installer was working, etc. All in all, I am just grateful my computer is still functioning properly. If any help can be given, I would really appreciate it. All the best and blue skies,

Alexandre Trahan.

Did you use restsldl.exe?

From the download at flyawaysimulaton?

Did you run it properly?

From a command promt?

And starting that command prompt by clicking "CMD" and selecting "run as administrator"?

Then all typing the commands correctly?

I doubt it.😀

If you had you would have seen the "SUCCESS" message.

So try again!😀

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok now I just feel dumb. I DID type them out incorrectly! I was looking at an article for windows 8.1 on how to use the command prompt, not the word document with the file from FlyAway. I have redone the commands, and did not reboot my pc but rather just went straight to installing the sim afterwards. It is installing as I type the message. Let's see if it works!

Well done!😀

The install can take a long time. It can sometines seem to stall.

Don't press 'cancel'!!

Just let it run and watch some tv and go snack and sip coffee.

After some time the installer will ask for disk 2. put it in, press ok, get back to the coffee.

the installer may take a while but it should be ok.

only once did I get a message 'connot file such-and-such', 'skip, cancel, or try again'?

I got around that by leaving the installer Window alone, then opening a window and going to "my computer-cd drive-" and locating the file manually. I clicked on the file, thinking "that should tell you where it is" .

In the fsx installer window clicked "try again" and it ran fine from there.:)

Anyway, well done,

happy flights, and welcome to the forum:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done!������

The install can take a long time. It can sometines seem to stall.

Don't press 'cancel'!!

Just let it run and watch some tv and go snack and sip coffee.

After some time the installer will ask for disk 2. put it in, press ok, get back to the coffee.

the installer may take a while but it should be ok.

only once did I get a message 'connot file such-and-such', 'skip, cancel, or try again'?

I got around that by leaving the installer Window alone, then opening a window and going to "my computer-cd drive-" and locating the file manually. I clicked on the file, thinking "that should tell you where it is" .

In the fsx installer window clicked "try again" and it ran fine from there.:)

Anyway, well done,

happy flights, and welcome to the forum:)

Just to chime in, my new gaming rig doesn’t have a disc drive, so I knew I’d have to go the Steam route, which I haven’t done yet.

Lol

I’ll miss FSX and all my addons. She provided me numerous hours of enjoyment since 2006.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, kingnorris said:

Just to chime in, my new gaming rig doesn’t have a disc drive, so I knew I’d have to go the Steam route, which I haven’t done yet.

Lol

I’ll miss FSX and all my addons. She provided me numerous hours of enjoyment since 2006.

Have you tried using an external DVD drive?  Just connect it to your USB port and it should recognize it assuming you have an ALL In One system.  Or is this something else?

• 3 months later...

Yes, I am getting ready to go thru the same thing. Computer manufacturers have all gotten away from the installed disc drives. I bought a laptop several years ago and i went to use what I thought should have a disc drive, NOT, got to buy an external drive and connect it to your new computer via the USB cable.

I am getting ready to purchase a new higher speed computer and I will use that same external disk drive in making that conversion. Hope it helps and all goes well.

Just reading some of the newer posts, as I have been away from here for awhile, on Windows 11 not being so great. Most negative comments were meant for Steam edition, and I still have the

Gold edition of Flight Simulator X and I am hoping and praying all goes well, as I have a ton of add-on aircraft that still needs to have the dust blown off them!

Let me keep reading on!

Rick

• 1 month later...

Funny thing, been pricing out new "high powered" computers and since getting FSX up and running again, all seems to be back to normal. Lost many saved flight plans and find my ltd resurrected flight plans residing in the default aircraft folder? I have only added a few of the e/s/o the USA, I had many going up the west coast, California to Canada, but those will have to wait to see another me, if and when I replace this computer. For now, I am back in business, getting refreshed on all that I thought I had lost, took some time as age is starting to show!

Thanks guys and I will try to help where I might be of assistance from time to time. Try to help Mr Zippy when I can, he is a very busy guy!

Rick

• Haha 1