Feature Discovery Series Episode 12: Aerodynamics Updates

That's good and all, and I really mean it. But happened to SU8 being a bug-fix update?

To be sure, I saw the list of bugs that they plan to fix. But I think most of those are quite rare and unobtrusive that I don't think they matter to most people.

Now, ATC yapping on about expediting cimbs and A330 performance art exhibitions on the taxiways (to name a few)...that's a real pain. But I don't see anything about those.

Edited by KiloWatt

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

That's good and all, and I really mean it. But happened to SU8 being a bug-fix update?

To be sure, I saw the list of bugs that they plan to fix. But I think most of those are quite rare and unobtrusive that I don't think they matter to most people.

Now, ATC yapping on about expediting cimbs and A330 performance art exhibitions on the taxiways (to name a few)...that's a real pain. But I don't see anything about those.

They did note that these aerodynamics updates are coming in multiple updates, not SU8 exclusively.

As for what bugs they are focusing on, it comes down to a mix of which ones impact the most people, as well as the effort required to fix them. This can mean that what matters to you may not either affect as many people as other issues, or that fixing it will take longer to do and will come later.

I hope they fix the bug introduced with SU7, with which the rudder and throttles stop working whenever your mouse/cursor is over a popup menu (weather…fuel…map…etc)

I did read that this would be sorted with SU8 - hope that’s still the case

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

As for what bugs they are focusing on, it comes down to a mix of which ones impact the most people, as well as the effort required to fix them. This can mean that what matters to you may not either affect as many people as other issues, or that fixing it will take longer to do and will come later.

Yes, that's understable. And it's good if they're plan to clear bugs that are low-hanging fruit. I guess my point is that I don't see some big ticket bugs that many complain about, but I see a lot of bugs that I haven't seen anyone complain about.

To give them some credit, perhaps they want to clear out a laundry list of minor stuff before attending to the big improvements. I think the expectation was perhaps just a little different when they initially said "bug fix update".

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide